If you are interested in learning more about Emarsys Retail, please enter your details to request a demonstration.
Store Reporting helps you check and analyze the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of your brick and mortar stores. You can optimize your marketing campaigns or product offers by checking these reports.
Store Reporting can only display data related to offline purchases. The corresponding line in the sales data file must be
s_sales_channel = offline.
In order to have access to the store reports, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- Your retail data has to be uploaded via Smart Insight Settings, following this guide for Preparing your store data file.
- If your account was switched to Emarsys Retail, you need to reload data into Smart Insight to turn on Store Reporting. This is necessary to establish connection between old purchases, their store IDs and the stores in the store data. Please note that Smart Insight cannot establish the connection retroactively for already imported purchases.
- The View Dashboard permission needs to be enabled for your user role. You can check it as follows:
1. Go to Management > User Management, select the Roles tab and click the Edit icon next to your user role.
2. Click the Analytics tab and check if the View Dashboard permission has been enabled.
If this permission is not enabled, please contact your Account Administrator.
Store Reporting page
The store reports are displayed on the Analytics > Store Reporting page. You can filter the results shown on this page.
Filtering the results
On each tab, you can filter your results by specifying the following values:
- Date Range - Reports will be displayed for the selected interval.
- Store Location (Country or Region) - You can filter the results by the country or region where your stores are located.
- Store Location (City) - You can filter the results by the city where your stores are located.
- Store Name - You can filter the results by the name of the store.
If the store name is missing from your store data, then the store's
external ID will be displayed on the Store Reporting page.
- Product Category - You can filter the results by product category.
You can also select multiple filters but please keep the following in mind:
- If you select a main category and its subcategory at the same time (e.g. hoodies and luxury hoodies), then the products belonging to the main category will be displayed in the results.
- If you make contradictory selections (e.g. using The Netherlands Store Location (Country or Region) filter and setting the Store Location (City) filter to London), then there will be no results.
To filter the results, click Apply.
At the top of the page you can see the Overall Performance of your stores including the following metrics:
- Store Revenue - The sum of all purchases made in your stores during the selected time period based on your sales data uploaded to Emarsys. Please note that returned items (refunds) are deducted from this metric.
Store Purchases - The number of orders made in your stores. Refunds do not affect this metric. If the same
order_idis used across multiple stores (e.g. a customer returns an order to another store), then Store Reporting will multiply the orders by the number of stores involved. Orders which are spread out over days are counted just once.
- Average Unit per Transaction - It is calculated by dividing the total number of purchased items by the number of transactions. Refunds are not deducted from this metric.
- Average Purchase Value - It is calculated by dividing the total revenue by the number of transactions.
Please note that there might be differences between the metrics displayed on the Store Reporting and Strategic Dashboard pages due to the different data sources used by these reports.
List of stores
Stores are displayed along with their:
- Name - The name of the store.
- Date of Opening - The date when the store was opened.
- Store Revenue - The revenue generated by the store.
- Store Purchases - The number of purchases made in the store.
- Average Unit per Transaction - The average number of items per order purchased in the store.
- Average Purchase Value - The average value of purchases made in the store.
Use the Search field to search in the results.
Store Reporting charts
The main KPIs of your individual stores are displayed in the Store Reporting chart:
The following metrics are available in this chart:
- Store Revenue - The stores are displayed based on the revenue they generated.
- Store Purchases - The stores are displayed based on the number of purchases.
- Average Unit per Transaction - The stores are displayed based on the average number of items per order.
- Average Purchase Value - The stores are displayed based on the average value of purchases.
- For detailed metrics, hover your mouse over the chart.
- The top 5 performing stores are displayed by default in this chart. When you change any of the filters at the top of the page, then the pre-selected top 5 stores will change accordingly. To display or hide the metrics relating to a specific store, click its name in the right menu.
- When you hover your mouse over the name of the selected stores, the corresponding line is highlighted in the chart to make it easier to see which line belongs to the specific store.
How often is data updated on the Store Reporting page?
Depending on the data volume you uploaded to Smart Insight, it might take a while until this data appears on the Store Reporting page. This is how it works:
- When you upload data to Smart Insight it might take some time (from minutes to hours depending on the uploaded data volume) until that data is processed.
- This data is also uploaded to the Data Platform.
- Store Reporting retrieves data from the Data Platform without significant latency.
How does Store Reporting handle stores without purchases?
The Store Reporting table and charts also include stores that have no purchases associated to them within the selected date range. So you can have the full picture of your stores performance and act accordingly (either upload missing sales data or look into store performance). You can find also stores without purchases in the Store Name filter.
How are purchases that belong to a store without metadata displayed in Store Reporting?
Instead of its name, the store’s
external ID will be displayed among the list of stores and in the charts. You can filter by the store's
external ID, because it is now displayed in the Store Name drop-down.
How does Store Reporting handle products without categories?
The results displayed in the list of stores depend on the selected Product Category filter:
- If you select no filter or clear the selected ones, then all results will be displayed, including products without categories.
- If you select a single or multiple categories, then only products belonging to the chosen categories will be displayed.
- You cannot filter for products without categories.
- If the metrics change when you set Product Category from Select all to Clear selection, it could mean that your sales data file contains products without categories. Emarsys recommends that you add categories to your products in the sales data file.
What time zone does Store Reporting use?
Store Reporting shows data in UTC. Please note that your data is displayed in UTC on the Store Reporting page only if you use the appropriate timestamp format in your sales data file:
- 2020-01-01T05:10:00+5 or
If you send your sales data in local time without timestamps and time zone information, then data on the Store Reporting page will appear in your local time zone. For more information on the
timestamp field, see Standard field set.
How can I ensure that refunds are handled properly?
When submitting returned items or orders, always use the order, customer and item IDs of the original order and provide a negative value in the
f_original_price fields. For more information, see Returns, cancellations and refunds.