For more information on the Revenue Attribution Service, see Revenue Attribution Service.
Configuring the Revenue Attribution settings
To configure your Revenue Attribution settings, proceed as follows:
- Only users with Administrator permissions can change the Revenue Attribution settings.
- Changes will affect purchases that are made on the following day (after the next scheduled calculation). For example, if you set the Attribution window to 7 days, then revenue will be attributed to only those purchases that are made after the next scheduled calculation.
- If you would like to make a retrospective change, please contact Emarsys Support.
If you change your Revenue Attribution settings (i.e. the attribution method or window) these settings will be reflected in the next scheduled attribution calculation. The calculation starts running every 4 hours at approximately 00:00 UTC, 04:00 UTC, 08:00 UTC, 12:00 UTC, 16:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC.
1. Navigate to the Management > Revenue attribution page.
2. To modify your settings, click Edit.
Here you can modify the following values:
Attribution model - The model used by the Revenue Attribution Service. You can choose from the following options:
- First touch
- Last touch
For more information, see Attribution method.
- Attribution window - It determines how long, after a customer interaction, a purchase can still be attributed to a touchpoint.
The specified value should be between 1 and 365 days.
For more information, see Attribution window.
- Touchpoints - Here you can see the list of channels and the touchpoints that are tracked for revenue attribution purposes. Only the email click touchpoint is activated by default. To add another touchpoint, switch the Enable attribution toggle.
You can enable attribution for any touchpoint, but attribution will run only for touchpoints where data is available. For more information on available touchpoints in the Revenue Attribution Service, see Data sources used by the Revenue Attribution Service.
- Data sources - Purchase data sources used by the Revenue Attribution Service. Here you can see the available data sources. If you have multiple sources of data, then Account Administrators can make changes to your data source.
If you modify your data sources, then it will affect your existing Revenue Attribution history retroactively which involves deleting your old data, and Emarsys will recalculate your Revenue Attribution data with the newly chosen data source.
The changes will take effect from the next data calculation.
If you choose a data source the status of which is Waiting for data, then attribution will not run until data is available for that data source.
For more information on the differences between Web Extend and Smart Insight, see sections Data sources used by the Revenue Attribution Service and Why do numbers look different when I change the data sources used by the Revenue Attribution Service from Web Extend to Smart Insight?