Once your account has been set up, you can start to move over the content and creatives of the email campaigns you will use for your ramp-up plan.
You should do this before your data onboarding is completed so that your overall onboarding does not take a day longer than it has to.
Which campaigns to migrate first?
The goal of the email ramp-up is to show ISPs that Emarsys is your new email provider.
To keep inboxes safe, email clients are suspicious of new and unusual behavior (such as switching provider). You therefore need to convince them of your authenticity by showing high engagement (open and click-through) rates right from the start.
The key to a quick and easy ramp-up is simply to send relevant content to engaged contacts, increasing in volume smoothly and consistently.
With this in mind, how do you choose which campaigns to migrate first? Here are some tips:
- Go with what you know. Choose your most reliable, successful campaigns for the best ramp-up results.
- You will want to send at least three campaigns each week, ideally at the same time of day.
- Your initial sending volumes will be small but will grow incrementally, so choose campaigns that can be scaled up.
- For your first campaigns, choose content that will be well received, for example new promotions, special offers, or loyalty schemes. If you have none planned, consider creating new offers especially for your ramp-up. Avoid time-sensitive or transactional campaigns as their volume cannot be so easily controlled.
- After your first marketing campaigns, your transactional campaigns can then come into play as these typically generate the best response rates.
- Large campaigns can still be sent in this period. Just split the campaign over multiple days, starting with your most responsive recipients first.
Emarsys email templates
The Emarsys email templates are a fast and efficient way for you to create great-looking and effective email campaigns. Based on your designs, these templates are created with a variety of content, ranging from hard-coded elements such as headers or footers, to standard pre-formatted sections and finally to free areas available for complex editing directly in the source code.
The templates are designed within a framework which ensures your emails are displayed properly in all standard web-based, desktop and mobile mail clients. The requirements for this framework are listed in the document below. All email designs must be compliant with this document before they will be accepted by the Emarsys Web Development team.
Before you start to think about the look and feel of your template, make sure that you are absolutely clear what the message of the email will be. This will have a knock-on effect for the rest of the decisions you make.
Questions to consider include:
- Your campaign is a direct channel from you to the inbox of your customers; does it reflect your corporate CI and represent your brand?
- Does the overall layout fit your industry sector?
- Is this a seasonal campaign (such as Christmas Sales), a one-off (such as a welcome email), or a recurring one which will need regular content changes?
Using your own HTML code
If you will be using your own HTML code, or have an agency which handles your email creatives, you may find these guidelines useful:
If you have any questions regarding template design, your Implementation Consultant will be happy to advise you.
The Media Database
You can host your images and banners externally if you wish, or upload them to the Emarsys Media Database for easy access on all channel.