If you would like to use the Set value node, please contact your Client Success Manager.
You can use this node to assign a fixed or calculated value to a custom contact field. If you add this node to an Automation Center or Interactions program, then it will update the contact fields with the defined value.
- We recommend using this node in transactional programs. The Set value node is not suitable for large batch processes.
- This is an asynchronous node. Once a trigger is received, it is added to a queue and the Automation Center or Interactions program will progress to the next node before contacts are updated. If you need to initiate a synchronous action after updating a contact, then the option of triggering an external event is available in this node.
In Interactions programs, you can make sure that contacts will continue their journey only if the specified contact field is updated by triggering an external event when the required field has been updated and combining it with a Wait for event node. (This solution may come in handy if you would like to personalize messages by using the updated contact field.)
Typical use cases
You can use this node to:
- Save the names of the Automation Center or Interactions programs that ran recently into the contact field of those contacts who participated in these programs.
- Save the country/region-related data of customers who have entered the program via a Facebook Lead Ad.
- Differentiate the users who have received a direct mail from those who have not in your Automation Center or Interactions programs.
If you would like to use the Set value node, please send us the following data:
- The expected maximum number of contacts who will pass through this node per day.
- The average number of contacts who will pass through this node per month.
The following functions are available in the Set value node:
- Set value - It will assign the specified value to the selected field.
- Set current timestamp - It will assign the current timestamp to the selected field.
- Set relative timestamp - It will assign a relative timestamp (e.g. 2 days ago or 7 days from now) to the selected field.
- Set registration date - It will assign the registration date to the selected field.
- Increment value - It increases the current field value by +1 (existing non-numeric values will be replaced with ‘1’).
- Decrement value - It decreases the current field value by -1 (existing non-numeric values will be replaced with ‘0’).
- Add value - It increases the value of the selected field by the specified amount.
- Subtract value - It decreases the value of the selected field by the specified amount.
- Hash value - It takes the value of a contact field, generates a hash and saves the hashed value into a contact field (which can be different than the original; supported algorithms: md5, sha1, sha256, sha384, sha512).
- Add to pipe separated list - It adds the specified value to a pipe separated list.
- Remove from pipe separated list - It removes the specified value from a pipe separated list.
- Copy field - It copies the value of the specified field to another one.
- Set value from trigger attribute - It adds the value of an attribute from a trigger event’s payload to a selected contact field.
- If the trigger attribute in the data payload contains an empty value (e.g.
''), then the selected field will be set to an empty value. If the attribute does not exist, then the field will not be updated and no external event will be triggered.
- If you would like to use the Set value from trigger attribute function in an Interactions program, please consider the following:
- You need to be familiar with the structure of the events that you would like to use.
- You need to add the prefix
event_attributes.to the attribute's name. For more information, see Attribute name.
Which fields can I update with the Set value node?
You can update the following field types with this node:
Special and voucher fields that cannot be updated via the API are not supported, except for the special field
31 (opt-in) (only this special field can be updated).
Can I update multiple fields with the Set value node?
Each node can update one field only. To update multiple fields, you have to use multiple Set value nodes.
Are there any costs?
There is a small one-time implementation fee and a recurring monthly fee based on the number of contacts to be processed per month.
For more details, please contact your Client Success manager.
Are there any limitations?
The number of requests are limited to the amount agreed with the MRR.
Please note that we reserve the right to adapt the MRR if the limits are exceeded regularly.
How can I check if the limits have been exceeded?
You can check the reports on the Set Value Dashboard that is available on request.