This action drives your customers to their next purchase. While the action configurations may be different in each scenario, the goal will always be an incentive for the next purchase. Purchase actions are always personal and must be distributed to customers via the Campaign Editor as tokens.
A customer can only have one open Purchase action at a time. This is to help you to focus on converting purchases and not to confuse the customer with constantly-changing offers. Only when the purchase is completed or expires can the customer qualify for another Purchase action.
You can delay the reward (points and vouchers) for purchases to take into account returns and cancellations.
There are also some actions associated with Tactics and these are flagged with a blue tag. They also cannot be deleted.
Default actions are flagged with a black tag and cannot be deleted.
Your Loyalty account comes with a large number of preset actions (tactic actions) for you to use straight away. You can create an unlimited number of your own actions from scratch, or copy an existing one and modify it.
Creating a purchase action
1. Navigate to Add-ons > Actions > Purchases.
3. Enter your action name. This name will be visible in the Loyalty Wallet and via your Loyalty token in your campaign emails.
4. Enter a description for easier identification of your actions. This description is not visible to customers.
5. Choose an icon for your action, which will be visible in the Loyalty Wallet and via your Loyalty token in your campaign emails. We offer a set of icons in our icons library, however, you can not upload your own icons independently.
You can either select icons from our library or request Emarsys support to forward your icons to the Loyalty team so they can upload them for you.
Send us the icons according to the following requirements:
- Provide the icon in SVG and PNG formats
- The icon has to fit a square area of 200*200 px
- The image has to touch the border of the square area
6. Set a minimum order amount.
If you select to set a minimum order amount, members must spend at least this much in one order before they can earn the action reward. The condition is shown in the action block in the Loyalty Wallet, but we recommend to include this information in your action message, so customers know the condition even when they receive an email.
7. Set the Amount shown. The amount the customer sees if their spending does not meet the minimum order amount.
Note that our calculation is always based on the uploaded transaction data and the original minimum order amount defined.
For example, the prices you show in your store may include taxes, but the product data you upload to Emarsys may contain prices before taxes. In this case, there will be a mismatch between the condition you set and the net amount the customer spent.
6. Choose your reward for spending the specified purchase amount. You can enable multiple reward types, independently for each tier and new members. Make sure to include a reward for each tier. Without a reward, only the default message is displayed.
- Multiply points earned for purchase, as defined in the tier settings.
- Bonus points can be typed in immediately.
- Previously prepared Vouchers and Exclusive accesses can also be selected.
- Status upgrades include all the predefined tiers.
The action reward is displayed as a Loyalty token and can be used in the Personalisation Service.
7. Enter your message for the purchase action, which will be visible to the customer.
Add your CTA text and URL as well. These will appear on a related button.
The message and CTA are tokens that you can use separately or with a content block in the campaign editor.
8. Set the validity of your action in days. During this period the members making a purchase receive the reward, counting from the day when the relevant message containing the token was sent out.
In the scheduling tab, you can also activate and deactivate your action. This stops further distribution of this action on all channels until reactivation. If this action is connected to an automated program, a default action will replace it until a new action is defined. An action that has already been offered (sent out in an email) to customers will remain active until its expiration date.
Purchase action FAQ
I have created an email campaign with action tokens included, but I have not yet launched the campaign. When trying to edit the action for the second time, it is not possible as the action seems to be already in connected state. Why is this happening?
The most likely explanation is that an email preview was generated. During preview generation, the action is attached to the selected test contact.
By test contacts, you can log into their Loyalty account and cancel their membership to disconnect them from the action.
- Objective: Driving a purchase
- Attachment: Personal (only contacts receiving a message with token get the action)
- Time limited, clock starts ticking when action is attached.
- One-time use: This action drives one purchase.
- New Members: The new-member action version drives non-members to join, and make a purchase within the time limit.
- The minimum order amount is configurable.