Promotion actions allow you to promote your product catalog, sales and events.
Unlike the other actions that can be redeemed by a customer only once, promotion offers can also be redeemed multiple times during the lifetime of the promotion.
For example, "Earn double points on every purchase this weekend".
As a quick reminder, here is the training video about using Loyalty Promotion Actions:
Creating a promotion action
1. Navigate to Add-ons > Actions > Promotions.
2. Select your use case from the following:
- Sale / event - This is the general promotion type. It can be restricted to the required minimum value and active during the specified validity period when specified.
Catalog promotion - This use case allows you to promote any category, brand or product from your catalog.
You have the option to select a specific product or category, or to select them all together.
To earn the defined reward, the customer is required to purchase from the products you have selected, and comply with the additional defined rules (e.g. minimum order amount and promotion validity).
This requires uploaded product data.
3. Enter your promotion name. This name will be visible in the Loyalty Wallet and via your Loyalty token in your campaign emails.
4. Enter a description for easier identification of your actions. This description is not visible to customers.
5. Choose an icon for your action, which will be visible in the Loyalty Wallet and via your Loyalty token in your campaign emails. We offer a set of icons in our icons library, however, you can not upload and use your own icons. For more information icons, see Loyalty actions.
6. Set a minimum order amount.
If you choose to set a minimum order amount, members must spend at least this much in one order before they can earn the action reward. The condition is shown in the action block in the Loyalty Wallet, but we recommend to include this information in your action message, so customers know the condition even when they receive an email.
7. Set the Amount shown.
The amount the customer sees if their spending does not meet the minimum order amount.
8. Select your promotion type:
- One-time offer - The offer can be redeemed only once during the validity period.
- Multi-use offer - The offer can be redeemed multiple times during the validity period.
By checking the relevant box, you can also automatically target a promotion to relevant tier members and display it in their Loyalty Wallet, without using personalization channels with tokens.
Automatic targeting can be used independently or at the same time as pushing the promotion via the campaign editor.
Promotion can be edited in real time and those changes are automatically and dynamically pushed to the Loyalty Wallet. This gives a greater degree of flexibility, but can cause inconsistencies if the promotion is also distributed via email. Emails are static after sent, their content can not change with campaign changes.
For example, if you send a promotion for the upcoming weekend via email and after two days you decide to change the defined reward, this change is automatically shown in the Loyalty Wallet, while the email sent two days ago shows the original award defined.
The member who purchases after the change will receive the new reward defined.
6. Choose your reward for spending the specified purchase amount. (You can enable multiple reward types, independently for each tier and new joiners.) Make sure to include a reward for each tier. Without a reward, only the standard message is displayed.
- Multiply points earned for purchase, as defined in the tier settings.
- Bonus points can be typed in immediately.
- Previously prepared Vouchers and Exclusive accesses can also be selected.
- Status upgrades include all the predefined tiers.
The action reward is displayed as a Loyalty token and can be used in the Personalization Service.
7. Enter your message for the promotion, which will be visible to the customer.
Add your CTA text and URL as well. These will appear on a related button.
The finalized promotion will look like this in the Loyalty Wallet:
The message and CTA are tokens that you can use separately or with a content block in the campaign editor.
8. Set the validity of your promotion in days. If you also want to set start and end hours, make sure to include the purchase hour field as part of the purchase data (as a custom field) you send to Smart Insight, or the system will not be able to support this function.
When the promotion ends, it can no longer be edited or reactivated. If you want to preserve the settings you can always duplicate the promotion, edit and activate.
In the scheduling tab, you can also activate and deactivate your promotion. This stops further distribution of this action on all channels (including the Loyalty Wallet) until reactivation. If this action is connected to an automated program, a default action will replace it until a new action is defined. An action that has already been offered (sent out in an email) to customers will remain active until its expiration date.
Can I distribute the promotion to customers before it starts?
Yes, you can. If you decide to do so, your customers will see the promotion in the Wallet with its starting date. This allows you to promote your upcoming sales in advance.
- Objective: Driving a purchase.
- Attachment: Personal, or tier based (all tier members get the action).
- Time limited: This action has a start date and a finish date.
- Can be multi-use: This action can drive multiple purchases (for example, double points for all purchases of a specific category in July and August) or one-time use.
- Can be limited to a catalogue item, category or a specific store.
- The minimum order amount is configurable.
use Loyalty Promotion Actions