We recommend using the Fast Abandoned Cart Tactic that helps you generate conversion faster and more effectively instead of the Abandoned cart Tactic.
For many online retail businesses, Abandoned cart is the most effective triggered campaign that can be sent.
At this stage, customers are already engaged with your brand and have got very close to making a purchase.
This funnel tactic identifies known visitors who have added products to a cart but ended the session without purchasing. It encourages customers to complete their transaction by sending an initial email with the cart contents, followed by a reminder email 2 days later.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Convert leads to first-time buyers
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Win back inactive customers
Automation Center program
The basic program in the Advanced package looks like this.
The most advanced program in the Max AI package is built in the following way.
The Max AI elements
- The program starts with a smart filter which uses the Predictive web engagement AI segment template, with the conditions set to return all customers who are likely to engage on the web within 30 days. For these contacts, a Web Channel campaign is started.
- For those contacts who are not likely to engage on the web, a Predictive email engagement AI segment is being created, for those contacts, who are likely to engage on email within 30 days. For these contacts, an email campaign is started, while a Digital Ads campaign is started for those who are not.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- Digital Ads campaign (if used)
Only events coming from logged-in sessions can trigger abandoned cart messages. Otherwise, contacts should be identified in another way, for example, if contacts navigate to your website by clicking the relevant email (it depends on your implementation). For this reason, you need to implement the parameters
sc_customer=xxxx to register events coming from contacts who are not logged in but click a relevant email campaign link. For more information, please contact your Implementation Consultant.
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your campaign.
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Activate the Tactic.
To test this program, follow the instructions in Testing programs.
Tips & hints
Filter the cart contents further
If you want to launch this tactic only under certain conditions, for example the cart contents exceed a minimum value, you can add another filter after the entry node and before the first email and reference some of the other web behavior fields, such as:
- predict last abandoned categories - launch only when a certain product category is present.
- predict last abandoned products - launch only when a certain product is present.
- predict last abandoned total price - launch only when a certain value has been reached.
You can also use these fields for block targeting within the email itself if you wish.
The recommender widget in the email is a 4-column block which shows the last 4 products added to the cart. If there are fewer than 4 products, the remaining places will be filled with related and/or complementary products.
The widget will not display products that are marked as unavailable in the product data file, even if they are in the cart.
As the first step of creating content for this Abandoned Cart Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Abandoned Cart tab.