Exclusive Access (EA) allows you to easily create exclusive pages in your web-store with limited access for your loyalty members. Customers without access will encounter a blocking page that will encourage them to join the loyalty plan or upgrade to a higher tier. You can use EA as a fixed benefit, a reward for completing an action, or simply offer an access for points. While your customers feel special, EA does not cost you money and encourages engagement and further purchases.
Exclusive access blocking overlay:
The EA script is a part of the Loyalty Wallet JS, which requires a one-time implementation from your side. EAs are managed in pools in your Loyalty account just as you manage your vouchers. You can easily create as many accesses as you want and edit them in real time.
EA is designed for desktop and mobile and can be used in multiple languages.
Setting up exclusive access
To create a new EA go to Rewards -> Exclusive Access -> Create New Exclusive Access.
1. Choose an editor type - Here you have the option to decide if you want to create your own HTML code for the blocking overlay or to use and edit a ready-made template with minimum effort from your side.
Apart from the visual editor, the other settings are the same in both options.
2. Select country - If you manage multi country (websites) plans, you are required to select the specific country for which you are defining the EA. You have to define a separate EA for each country (website), since these are different URLs.
If you do not manage multiple countries, this field is not relevant and will not be visible for you.
3. Enter the following basic settings for the exclusive access:
- Pool name - The internal name for you to use when connecting this access to benefits and actions.
- Access name - The name that your customers will see in their Wallet for this access.
- Access icon - The icon that your customers will see in their Wallet for this access.
- Access URL - Here you select if you want to give EA (and blocking) only to specific URL, or to give EAs to all pages starting with a specific URL.
For example, if the top level domain is
www.test.com/category, all pages starting with this URL will be exclusive:
In case you decide to give EA to all pages starting with the same URL, you will also have to define a landing page URL. This URL will direct members to this page after they are given access.
If you manage a multi-language plan, you can define different URLs and Landing pages for each language, since these might be different for each language.
4. Access value in points - Points earned from purchases and actions can be redeemed for exclusive access. For more information, see the Rewards for points section.
If you manage a multi-language plan, you can define the redemption offer per language. You can also define different messages per language.
If you do not want to offer EA for points, leave this screen empty and skip to the next step.
5. Blocking page editor - Here you can define the blocking overlay that non-members or members without access will see if they visit the exclusive pages.
When opening the editor, a ready to use template is displayed and, however, you can make design and content changes to this template.
- Overlay color
- Overlay opacity
- Content background color
- Tag color
- Tag radius
- Buttons background color
- Buttons radius
- Buttons links
- Links editor
The blocking page is responsive to support desktop and mobile environments. You can change the preview mode to see both options using the icons in the top right corner:
Note that you can change the design when in desktop mode, while the mobile version is for preview only.
If you manage a multi-language plan, you can define different content and links for each language. Use the dropbox in the top right corner and select the relevant language for this.
All definitions are available in real-time even if the page is already online.
Do not forget to save the settings before moving on to the next step.
Once saved, all changes will be immediately updated on your website.
6. Exclusivity type - Here you can select if this page is permanently exclusive or only during a defined time period.
If you select Permanent exclusivity, you will have to set access validity and select the period of validity.
7. Access validity - Here you can select the type of validity for the access:
- Access is valid for an unlimited time
- Access is valid for a limited period, from the moment the customer earns it
If the limited period option is selected, you have to define this period.
- Access is valid for a predetermined date for all customers
If this option is selected you have to select dates:
Once saved, the EA and blocking page will be immediately live on the defined URL. You can deactivate it any time you want.
If you select Limited-term exclusivity, you will have to set access validity in dates.
Members can earn or buy the exclusive access before it becomes available when the start date is shown in the wallet.
After redemption (The access will be available on the start date):
It is recommended to use the Win back website visitors tactic with Exclusive access.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I create two Exclusive accesses for the same page that are activated at the same time, each one for a different tier with different validity?
Technically you can, but we discourage you of doing so, as they will block each other. In case your user earned one EA, he still will not be able to access the page, as the second EA is still blocking him.
Can a contact redeem an EA with permanent exclusivity access and a validity of 2 weeks multiple times for points ?
No, EAs can be redeemed for points only once. After the access validity passes, he cannot access the page anymore, and cannot redeem points again to gain access to it.