The Notification Center is designed to act as an inbox within the Emarsys Platform. According to your notification settings the Notification Center can send various types of notifications. A notification is a short message that informs the users in the most effective way either in short toast messages, or emails, notifications and system alerts to acknowledge changes and act accordingly.
Setting up your notifications
On the Notifications panel you can customize and set up your notifications to adjust to your needs in the following options:
Filtering the notification source
Open the Notifications and click the Filter drop-down list to set the source of your notifications in either of the following ways:
- Enter the name of the product or feature you intend to monitor and receive notifications, or
- scroll the list and check the required item. Here you can also remove them.
Optionally, you can set here with the check-box to display only the critical notifications. A notification is marked as critical when business-critical functions are affected due to a process not working as anticipated.
To open the Notification Settings page in the Notification Center you can either click the
- Settings button, or the
- three dots next to a notification message.
You can also open the Notification Settings from the email notifications you receive, if you subscribed.
In the Notification Settings page you can select these options from the left menu:
Global notification settings
The notifications you set up here are handled as default settings, unless the notification source is defined differently.
To set up and receive global notification messages, proceed as follows:
1. Select the Global Settings category from the left menu.
2. In the Global Notification Settings pane under Notifications use the radio button to display either
- critical notifications, or
- non-critical notifications.
3. Here, you can subscribe, (or unsubscribe) to receive emails about critical, non-critical notifications.
4. Click Save Settings in the top right corner.
For customizing feature-specific notification settings, see Custom notification settings.
The Notification Center can notify you via emails about the critical (important) notifications containing
- a short description of the issue,
- a link to the Notification panel,
- and optionally, you can change email preferences (unsubscribe) at the end of the email message.
The Notification Center can update you on system-level changes via real-time "toast" notifications at the lower-right corner of the Emarsys Platform. Toast messages include
- a short description of the occurred problem or the latest updates in one sentence,
- and the three dots which opens the reported issue.
Custom notification settings
The Custom notification settings enable you to have custom-tailored notification setups specified to a local feature set or a use case of a category within the Platform.
To set up and receive custom-tailored messages proceed as follows:
1. Select a Notifications category group from the left menu.
2. On the Notification Settings pane choose the Use custom settings option.
3. Check, if the required checkboxes are selected under notifications to display.
4. In the User Settings use the radio buttons to receive either
- notifications only for your user account, or
- notifications for any user in this customer account.
5. Optionally, at Email Notifications you can set up to receive emails about the critical notifications. You can also unsubscribe from email notifications.
Select the required notifications category from the left menu:
Critical notifications: You can switch off displaying critical notifications, but it is strongly not recommended, as these include business-critical messages.
Automation notifications warn you about these program issues:
- Tactic creation
- Automation program is paused or in fail-safe mode
- Automation program issue (critical)
- An Interactions program in failsafe mode (critical) issues
- Batch exceeded threshold in Delete Contacts node (critical)
- Failed locale-based calculation in Automation
Check the required checkboxes under notifications to have custom Automation notifications:
- An Automation program is paused or in fail-safe mode (critical)
- Successful Tactic creation
- Successful Automation Center program distribution
- An Automation program is paused or in fail-safe mode (critical)
- An Interactions program is in fail-safe mode (critical)
- A Tactic left in design
If your program has been put into fail-safe mode, it means that it has been suspended for various reasons. If you are having issues with your programs or are experiencing errors, please see Automation Center Troubleshooting.
Content notifications warn you about issues with these issues or statuses:
- Visual Content Editor templates
- Voucher Pool
- Coupon import
Check the required checkboxes under notifications to have custom Content notifications:
- Successful VCE template distribution
- Successful campaign update
- Voucher pool is getting empty (critical)
- Coupon import finished
Channels notifications warn you about these issues or statuses:
- Email campaigns
- SMS messages
- SMS contact lists
Check the required checkboxes under notifications to have custom Channels notifications:
- Email campaign launch error (critical)
- Successful email campaign launch
- SMS warnings (critical)
- Successful SMS contact, list, pre-launch detail generation or test
Contacts notifications warn you about these issues or statuses:
- Data imports
- Data exports
- Segment generation
- Combined segment
Check the required checkboxes under notifications to have custom Contacts notifications:
- Successful data import
- Combined segment results
- Data export error (critical)
- Successful data export
- Successful segment generation
Data management notifications
Data managements notifications warn you about these issues or statuses:
- Data management
- Relational Data
- Revenue Attribution
- Smart Insight data
- Magento shop
Check the required checkboxes under notifications to display to have custom Data management notifications:
- Magento shop issues (critical)
- Relational data segment is slow (critical)
- Relational data import error (critical)
- Revenue attribution service is enabled
- Smart Insight data quality report (critical)
- Smart Insight data load failure (critical)
Other notification settings
Other notifications warn you about these issues or statuses:
- Web Channel
Check the required checkboxes under notifications to have custom notifications:
- Utilization is getting close to its limit
- Utilization overconsumption
- Web Channel campaign stopped