The Notification Center is designed to act as an inbox within the Emarsys Platform. It informs the users in short messages, notifications and system alerts to acknowledge changes and act accordingly.
A notification is a short message that informs the users in the most effective way. Messages are displayed in order of recency, with the newest at the top of the list. The Notification Center can send various types of notifications according to your settings.
The Notification Center can notify you via emails about the critical (important) notifications
- with a short description of the issue,
- a link to the Notification panel,
- and optionally, you can click the unsubscribe link at the end of the email message.
Enable email notifications on the Settings pane.
The Notification Center can update you on system-level changes via real-time "toast" notifications at the lower-right corner of the Emarsys Platform. Toast messages include
- a short description of the occurred problem or the latest updates in one sentence,
- and the three dots which opens the reported issue.
Setting up your notifications
You can customize and set up your notifications to adjust to your needs in the following options:
Filtering the notification source
Open the Notification Center and click the Filter drop-down list to set the source of your notifications in either of the following ways:
- Enter the name of the product or feature you intend to monitor and receive notifications, or
- scroll the list and check the required item. Here you can also remove them.
Optionally, you can set here with the check-box to display only the critical notifications. A notification is marked as critical when business-critical functions are affected due to a process not working as anticipated.
To open the Notification Settings pane in the Notification Center click the Settings button or click the three dots next to a notification message. You can also open the Notification Settings from the email notifications you receive.
Global notification settings
Notification set up here are handled as default settings, unless the notification source is defined differently.
- Notifications to display: Use the radio button to display all notifications, or only the critical ones.
- Email notifications: Set up here to receive emails about the critical notifications. You can also disable receiving email notifications.
For customizing feature-specific notification settings, see Custom notification settings.
Custom notification settings
The Custom notification settings enables you to have custom-tailored notification setups specified to a local feature set or a use case.
- Notifications to display: All the critical notifications are displayed to you.
Turning off displaying critical notifications is disabled, as these notifications include business-critical messages.
- User settings: Set here to receive notifications regarding your own user account or for all the users in the customer account.
- Email notifications: Set here to receive emails about the critical notifications. You can also disable receiving email notifications here.