The Refunds Impact Report shows how refunds are distributed among lifecycles, and where it has the biggest impact on your revenue. You have the same filtering options as for the Revenue Impact Report, making it possible to drill down to specific audience groups or products. These options can help you to spot problematic product lines or identify trends in returns.
Please note that when a contact is deleted, all of the data relating to that contact is also deleted. This will retrospectively affect any reports which use contact-level data. Contact deletion may affect the reports available under Analytics > Impact. You may experience the following changes:
- figures may change in all charts because contact deletion affects all calculations.
- deleting contacts also affect conversion rates, the AOV (Average Order Value) and lifecycle calculations.
For more information on the effects of contact deletion, see What happens to deleted contacts in Emarsys?
- You can select the time period from the options above the charts, or drag the slider below the charts manually.
- To see the exact figures for a specific period, hover your mouse over a date.
Here you can:
- Remove an item from a chart by clicking the specific value on the right. Values that are not displayed in the chart are greyed out.
- Filter the charts by lifecycle stage or buyer status by using the Contact attributes filters. In this way you can learn more about which customer types are more valuable for your business and where you should be concentrating your engagement and retention efforts.
- Save the data displayed in the chart by clicking the Export to CSV button in the top right corner of the specific chart.
For more information on how to update the chart, see Smart Insight Attributes.
Revenue against refunds
You can see the proportion of refunds to your revenue in this chart.
Here you can see the following values:
- Revenue before refunds - Your revenue before refunds were were removed from your reports.
- Refunds - The value of refunds.
- Revenue - Your revenue after refunds were removed from your reports.
Proportion of refunds generated by first-time buyers against repeating customers
You can see the proportion of refunds generated by the different customer lifecycle stages in this chart.
If you have turned on the Refunds affect lifecycle calculation switch on the Smart Insight Settings page, then purchases that have been fully refunded will be removed from your reports. This can affect the lifecycle status of your contacts. For example, if a customer is a First-time buyer and they receive a full refund, their lifecycle status will revert back to Lead.