The Abandoned Browse (Top selling product) Tactic reacts to customers who are viewing one of your best-selling products (based on the Top Products page) but who leave your website without making a purchase or leaving any products in their cart. This Tactic focuses on that single top-selling product and it can include marketing materials such as the long description of that item, product reviews written by customers etc.
This funnel Tactic encourages customers to continue their journey to purchase by sending an email with the specific best-selling product they recently browsed and additional marketing materials related to that item.
Interactive product recommendations encourage your contacts to buy products that are the most popular among your customers. In addition, product recommendations based on customers’ individual browsing history help to reduce the number of options that contacts need to consider and to eliminate the risk of buying the wrong product.
This Tactic supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Convert leads to first-time buyers
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Retain active customers
- Win back inactive customers
- Win back defecting customers
Please note that the Abandoned Browse, Abandoned Browse (Top selling product) and Abandoned Browse (Top selling category) Tactics use the same Abandoned Browse Participation check settings meaning that contacts can only enter one of these programs.
You can create multiple programs focusing on different products or categories. When you create multiple programs, make sure that the copy, creative and additional assets (e.g. videos, blog entries, how-to articles etc.) are inserted into your campaigns.
The basic program in the Advanced package looks like this.
The most advanced program in the Advanced package is built in the following way.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- CRM Ads campaign (if used)
1. Check your best-selling products on the Analytics > Product Affinity > Top Products page.
2. Navigate to the Management > Predict Data Sources > Product Data page, enter the product name in the Product search field and copy the item’s ID.
3. Open the Product is top selling Decision node and paste the item’s ID into the attribute field.
4. Swap the email (and the other campaigns if applicable) in the Tactic with your campaign.
5. Add the personalization tokens.
6. Activate the Tactic.
You can check the performance of your Tactic on the reporting pages of the Strategic Dashboard.
Testing the program
To test your program, proceed as follows:
1. Change the segments used in Decision nodes (Included in segment template) to test segments in your program.
2. Set the Wait node to wait for 5 minutes.
3. Activate the program.
4. Use a contact in the test segment to log in to your web shop and browse one of the top-selling products but without adding it to the cart or completing a purchase. Then end the session.
5. After 5 minutes, you should receive the initial email.
For more information, see Testing an Interactions program.