Everyone wants to feel special on their birthday. Make sure you don't miss this great opportunity for 1-1 engagement.
This demand generation Tactic engages contacts before and on their birthday and build loyalty to your brand.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Convert leads to first-time buyers
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Retain active customers
- Win back inactive customers
- Win back defecting customers
For this tactic, the following channels are available:
- Web channel
- CRM Ads
- SMS (new)
Automation Center Program
The following image shows the program, with the basic email workflow as well as the SMS campaign (1) on the top path, and CRM Ads (2) and Web Channel (3) on the path below.
The program in the MAX AI package is built in the following way:
The Max AI elements
- After filtering contacts by their birthday occurring in the next seven days, there is a smart filter which uses the Predictive web engagement AI segment template, filtering contacts who are likely to engage on the web in the next 30 days. For these contacts, a web channel campaign is started.
- For contacts who are not likely to engage on the web, there is a smart filter which uses the Predictive email engagement AI segment template, filtering contacts who are likely to engage via email in the next 30 days. For these contacts, a birthday email is sent with incentive and product recommendations.
- Contacts who are not likely to engage via email in the next 30 days, a CRM Ads campaign is started.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- CRM Ads campaign (if used)
- SMS campaigns (if used)
- Swap the email and, if used, the SMS campaign in the Tactic with your campaign.
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Select your Web Channel campaign (if used).
- Select your CRM Ads audience (if used).
- Activate the Tactic.
Testing the program
To test this program:
- Set it to Test mode and select your test segment.
- Make sure that one contact in the test segment has a date of birth today.
- Set the schedule for the Recurring filter entry point to 10 minutes in the future.
- When the filter runs your test contact should receive the email.
- Fast forward the Wait node, and the test contact should receive the reminder email.
Set the recurring filter schedule back to 00:00 before activating the program.
Tips & hints
Regarding the email message content:
If you have already downloaded and updated the Tactics template, you already have made most of the necessary changes to the email content, and you only have to make the changes specific to this actual campaign (see Configuring a Tactic > Email campaigns for details).
Regarding the Participation Settings of the program:
Since the program is targeting contacts on their birthday, you should set this to re-entry after 365 days.