Don't wait until your customers defect, engage with them to win them back. Catch them while their last purchases are still fresh in their memory.
This lifecycle tactic identifies customers who are on their way to becoming inactive, and encourages them to purchase with two emails containing product recommendations and voucher incentives, supported by social network ads.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Win back defecting customers
For this tactic, the following channels are available:
- Web channel
- Digital Ads
- SMS (new)
Automation Center program
The following image shows the program, with the basic email workflow on the top path, and Digital Ads (1) and Web Channel (2) on the path below.
The program in the MAX AI package is built in the following way:
The Max AI elements
- The program starts with a Recurring filter node that runs every day and uses the Predictive lifecycle segment for customers AI segment template, with the conditions set to return any customers who have already purchased and are likely to churn in the next 30 days. For these customers, an email campaign is started.
- Then the program waits 3 days and excludes contacts who are likely to convert OR likely to remain inactive OR have purchased in the last 3 days.
- To contacts that were not excluded, a reminder email is sent, and a Web channel campaign and Digital Ads campaign is started.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- Digital Ads campaign (if used)
- SMS campaign (if used)
- Swap the email and, if used, the SMS campaign in the Tactic with your campaign.
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Select your Web Channel campaign (if used).
- Select your Digital Ads audience (if used).
- Activate the Tactic.
Tips & hints
Regarding the email message content:
If you have already downloaded and updated the Tactics template, you will already have made most of the necessary changes to the email content, and you only have to make the changes specific to this actual campaign (see Configuring a Tactic > Email campaigns for details).
Regarding the Participation Settings of the program:
Customers should be able to re-enter this program as they can defect many times over their lifetime, but set it to a figure that reflects your eRFM settings for inactive customers, e.g. every 60 days.
Differentiate email content by customer type
If you want to show different content or incentives to different customer types (e.g. Gold, Platinum, etc.) then you can use block targeting for this.
As the first step of creating content for this Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Win-back tab.