When your customers stop buying, you need to win them back or try to engage them on another channel, before suppressing them from further marketing activity.
This lifecycle tactic identifies inactive contacts and re-engages with them product recommendations and incentives via email. If they fail to respond, you can stop using that channel and try another one.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Win back inactive customers
Automation Center Program
The following image shows the program, with the basic email workflow on the top path, and CRM Ads (1) and Web Channel (2) on the path below.
The program in the MAX AI package is built in the following way:
The Max AI elements
- The program starts with a Recurring filter node that runs every day and uses the Predictive lifecycle segment for customers AI segment template, with the conditions set to return any customers who have already purchased and are likely to remain inactive in the next 30 days. For these customers, an email campaign is started.
- Then the program waits 3 days and excludes contacts who are likely to convert OR likely to churn OR have purchased in the last 3 days.
- To contacts that were not excluded, a reminder email is sent, and a Web channel campaign and CRM Ads campaign is started.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- CRM Ads campaign (if used)
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your campaign.
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Select your Web Channel audience (if used).
- Select your CRM Ads audience (if used).
- Activate the Tactic.
Tips & hints
Regarding the email message content:
If you have already downloaded and updated the Tactics template, you will already have made most of the necessary changes to the email content, and you only have to make the changes specific to this actual campaign (see Configuring a Tactic > Email campaigns for details).
Regarding the Participation Settings of the program:
Customers should be able to re-enter this program as they can defect many times over their lifetime, but set it to a figure that reflects your eRFM settings for inactive customers, e.g. every 180 days.
Differentiate email content by customer type
If you want to show different content or incentives to different customer types (e.g. Gold, Platinum, etc.) then you can use block targeting for this.
As the first step of creating content for this Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Win-back tab.