This lifecycle Tactic builds on the successful conversion of a lead to a first-time buyer and drives towards that crucial second purchase, turning them into repeat, loyal customers.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Drive active customer revenue
For this tactic, the following channels are available:
- Web channel
- CRM Ads
- SMS (new)
Automation Center program
The basic, email-only program in the Advanced package looks like this.
The most advanced program in the Max AI package is built in the following way.
The Max AI elements
- The program starts with a smart filter which uses the Predictive web engagement AI segment template, with the conditions set to return all customers who are likely to engage on the web within 30 days. For these contacts, a Web Channel campaign is started.
- For those contacts who are not likely to engage on the web, a Predictive email engagement AI segment is being created, for those contacts, who are likely to engage on email within 30 days. For these contacts, an email campaign is started, while a CRM Ads campaign is started for those who are not.
Activating the Tactic
- Email campaigns (initial and reminder)
- Personalization tokens
- Web channel campaign (if used)
- CRM Ads campaign (if used)
- SMS campaign (if used)
- Swap the email and, if used, the SMS campaign in the Tactic with your campaign.
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Select your Web Channel campaign (if used).
- Select your CRM Ads audience (if used).
- Activate the Tactic.
Testing the program
Testing this program is a little more complex due to the need for valid sales data.
To test this program:
- Set it to Test mode and select your test segment.
- Amend the initial segment from "Orders made X days ago: 10-10 (exactly 10 days ago)" to "Orders made X days ago: 1-1 (exactly 1 day ago).
- Make a purchase using an email address included in the test segment.
Your test contact will then enter the program tomorrow and you can respond to the messages as you wish.
Tips & Hints
Keep it clear of other post-purchase campaigns
- Since this Tactic is triggered by a first purchase, you should take care that it does not get mixed up with any other post-purchase campaigns that you might have running. You can manage this by adding a Wait node right after the entry node filter.
Fixed vouchers or Incentive Recommendation?
- Since you are targeting customers after just one purchase, Incentive Recommendation will not have much data on which to base its decision. Therefore a fixed incentive might be the better option.