There are two types of email campaigns in Emarsys:
- On-event email campaigns and
- Batch email campaigns
On-event emails are triggered by recipient action.
In your on-event email campaigns all links are tracked automatically, except for the links in testmails. Testmail links are not tracked and testmails cannot be used for checking links.
Do not use block targeting in combination with External Event / Trigger Based email campaigns (Transactional Emails). This use case is not supported currently.
The following on-event emails can be triggered from the Email Campaigns module:
- On registration - The email is sent after a recipient registered via a form of your choice. Example: an email confirming registration.
On registration is legacy functionality and should not be used. Please use the New contact entry point in the Automation Center instead.
On birthday - The email launch is linked to the
date of birthfield in the contact database. The system looks for available date-of-birth entries and sends “on birthday” emails as appropriate.
- On tell-a-friend - The email is sent after a designated email has been forwarded via the Emarsys tell-a-friend page; addressee is the forwarding contact.
- Due to ever more stringent data protection legislation, the use of this feature might be inadmissible and might trigger legal proceedings in some countries or regions. Please obtain legal advice in your country or region before activating this feature. Emarsys does not take any responsibility for the legality of usage of this feature in your country or region.
- This is legacy functionality and should not be used. Please use the External event entry point in Interactions instead.
- On change profile - The email launch is linked to a change in a contact profile and sent to the contact after they made the change.
On change profile is legacy functionality and should not be used. Please use the Data change entry point in the Automation Center instead.
- On contact us - The email launch is linked to a contact-us form and sent to a contact after they have submitted the form.
On contact us is legacy functionality and should not be used. Please use the External event entry point in Interactions instead.
- On date - The email is sent on a specific date. Once a date field has been created, you can select it from the drop-down box.
On date is legacy functionality and should not be used. Please use the Recurring filter entry point in the Automation Center instead.
On date (including on-birthday) emails are sent each day at the same time in the account default time zone. This setting is not affected by changes to the time zone in your My Profile page.
- On abandon shopping cart - The email launch is linked to a session in a web shop which has been started via another email. If a customer opens a shopping cart and fails to make a purchase, a reminder email can be sent. You can choose between sessions that have been accessed via a particular email or by any email in a category.
- On import - The email is sent after an import has been performed. Example: You want to send a welcome or confirmation email to contacts who registered for your newsletter from outside Emarsys (i.e. an offline campaign, your own database).
To trigger an email you must enter the On-import identifier from an Auto-Import on the Email Settings page of the campaign. This identifier will then be available for selection on the Import page and the email will launch as soon as that Auto-import is complete.
- On program event - These emails are part of Automation programs (Automation Center and Interactions programs) and can only be launched by the program.
- On external event - These emails are used by the API as part of an external integration.
All on-event emails can be sent a defined number of days after the event has occurred or, in the case of date-based campaigns, a defined number of days before.