To export the email responses of a list of contacts over a defined time period, go to Contacts > Data Export > Contact responses.
This feature exports the responses by the selected contacts to all email campaigns launched during the selected time period. The actual response may have occurred after this period has ended. To export the responses of a particular campaign, or group of campaigns, use segmentation behavior criteria, export the responses directly from the email Results Summary page or download them them from the Trend Reporting page.
Exporting a list of contact responses manually
To make a manual export of a list of contacts, proceed as follows:
- Export includes - Here you specify if you want to export all contacts in the database, a specific segment or a contact list.
From now on, all segment types are available for export(previously, you could only export segments containing contact, email behavior, geolocation or Smart Insight criteria). Please note that although you can export contact lists including Relational Data or Web behavior segments, you can only populate the exported list with contact fields (e.g. you cannot add fields from your Relational database to the exported file).
- Export responses of the following sources - Here you select the type of response to include in the export.
- Time range - Here you select the time period when the campaigns you want to export were launched.
- This selector is disabled for dates older than 13 months as the reporting data is only available for this time period.
- When setting the time range, please consider that contact responses received on the selected end date will not be taken into account. For example, if the selected time range is between 01.07.2019 and 02.07.2019, then the contact responses received after 02.07.2019 00:00:00 will not be exported.
If you would like to export the contact responses received on 02.07.2019, then set the end date to 03.07.2019.
- Started recording changes at - This is the earliest date that you can include in the export, and corresponds to when the account was created.
Data will be sent by - Here you specify by which channel you want to export:
- Email - You must enter a valid email address; you can specify a subject line or use the default text. This email address will receive a download link which is password-protected; for the download you must enter your own Emarsys user credentials, even if it is not your own email address.
- FTP/SFTP - You must enter the corresponding access data (i.e. a host address, user name and password; the directory is optional).
- Local Delivery - The content is exported to the WebDAV folder that was configured during your account setup, and requires no further action by you.
Note: This feature is manually configured during setup and will not be visible by default.
- Display Language - This language is used for the field names (e.g. first name, last name).
- Field Separator - This separates the fields in the .csv file. Since different language versions of programs like Microsoft Excel might use different characters for separating fields in .csv files, with this option you can adapt the .csv export to suit the version you use.
- Add field names to the first row of export file - This option is activated by default; it writes the field names to the top row of the exported file.
- File name prefix - This will be the prefix added to the .csv file. Only English letters, digits, underscore or dash (a-z, A-Z, 0-9, _, -) are supported.
- Choose the fields for the export - Here you choose the database fields for the export. At the bottom of the list of fields you can also select fields relating to the email campaign, under the separator - clicks data fields -.
In the left box you can select more than one field by pressing the CTRL key on your keyboard and selecting fields with the mouse. Move your selection to the right box by clicking. You can remove an entry by selecting it and clicking .
When you have applied all desired settings, click Export Now.
During the export, the system assigns an internal ID to each record. In fact, this ID was generated at the time the record was created (via online registration, manual entry or import). It remains invisible until an export is started. The internal ID is unique and will later allow you to re-import the same file to Emarsys.
Scheduling an automated export of responses
To schedule an automated export of responses, follow the instructions described in Scheduling an automated export.