Distribution can be performed in the following directions:
Email campaign distribution:
- From a parent account to sub-accounts
- From sub-accounts to a parent account
- Between sub-accounts
Email template distribution:
Only from a parent account to sub-accounts
(as a workaround, you can distribute an email campaign from a sub-account to a parent account, then distribute the template. For more information, see Workaround for distributing email templates from a sub-account to a parent- and other sub-accounts)
- Only from a parent account to sub-accounts
Distributing a campaign can be beneficial, for example, if you have different accounts for different regions or brands, where they create a localized version can be created from the same content.
Please be aware of the following:
- Distributing is possible only if the both of the accounts (origin and destination) are on the same environment. It is not doable across accounts in different environments.
- Only multi-account users are enabled to distribute email templates or campaigns and your accounts must be connected by Emarsys. For setting up multi-account privileges and connecting your accounts, contact Emarsys Support.
- When distributing block-based email templates and campaigns, the distributed ones will keep the images and link domains of their parent account. If needed, you have to change these manually afterwards, in the receiving account.
- You cannot distribute assets if any ESL statements are used across different VCE blocks within an email. The opening and closing ESL statements must exist within a single VCE content block for this feature to work.
Distributing a block-based template
Your block-based templates are available for distribution on Your Templates page.
To distribute a template, proceed as follows:
- Open the Channels menu and select Email Campaigns.
- Click Create Email. Remember to choose Block-based Editor if you are asked to choose which editor to use.
- On the Your Templates page, you can choose from any of the available templates.
- Hover your cursor over the selected template click the three dots in the upper right corner and select the Distribute to... icon.
5. In that case your accounts are connected by Emarsys and you have multi-account privileges you can select and add the accounts where you want to distribute the template in the Distribute template to accounts window.
You can distribute templates to those accounts only where you have login access rights, and your accounts are connected by Emarsys admin, otherwise the accounts won't be listed. Contact Emarsys support for setting up multi-account relations and your privileges.
6. Click Distribute template.
To distribute the template with its original name, leave the Template name field empty. If the sub-account already has a template with an identical name, it will still get the distributed template with the same name.
Optionally, you can define a new name for the template you want to distribute.
Distributing a block-based email campaign
All the email campaigns that have been created in your account are listed on the Email Campaigns page (Channels menu, Email Campaigns).
To distribute a block-based campaign, proceed as follows:
2. Click the three dots and select Distribute in the upper right corner of the Content Creation page.
3. If you have multi-account privileges and your accounts are connected by Emarsys you can select and add the accounts where you want to distribute the campaign in the Distribute campaigns window.
You can distribute campaigns to those accounts only, where you have login access rights, and your accounts are connected by Emarsys admin, otherwise the accounts won't be listed. Contact Emarsys support for setting up multi-account relations and your privileges.
4. A notification is sent to the parent account on the result of the distribution. Sub-account is notified only if the distribution was successful.
To see every notification, switch off the Only important toggle in the Notification Center.
Not all elements of an email template or a campaign content are reusable in other accounts. In case of distributing account-specific content the settings (e.g.: "from" email address, link category, personalization placeholders) need to be reset in the new accounts.
Always test your campaign after distribution to make sure, all the appropriate settings and personalizations work properly in the new account.
Distributed campaign - template relation
When you distribute a block-based campaign, it keeps its connection with the original email template, so the distributed campaign gets the updates from the original parent template.
By default, all distributed campaigns stay connected with their original templates. This means, even after distribution you can get notifications on the updates of the original template.
With the Copy template function, after a campaign distribution you can copy its original template to the sub-account.
Once you own the template on the sub-account, all its campaigns will be related to the sub-account’s template.
Copy template function example
- To own a template on the sub-account, you can use the Copy template option.
- On the sub-account you can customize your template, for example to make it language-specific.
- All your newly distributed campaigns will automatically refer to the language-specific template, enabling you to update it to get the language specific-settings.
- Update the newly distributed campaign to have the HTML-specific translations there and translate the content.
Not all elements of the campaign is distributed.
In case of distributing account-specific content and settings some elements have to be set up separately in different accounts. Not all elements of an email template or a campaign content are reusable in other accounts.
Personalization does not work in the distributed email campaign.
The distributed personalization content elements e.g.: personalization placeholders, predict widgets have to be set up in the new account. It is highly recommended to test your distributed campaign.
Distributed email campaign is not updated automatically.
Update is not automatic. Update the newly distributed campaign to have the HTML-specific translations and translate the content. Use the update campaign feature to adapt it to the target account's template.
Workaround for distributing email templates from a sub-account to a parent- and other sub-accounts
By default, you can only distribute email templates from a parent account to sub-accounts. However, the following workaround describes how to distribute an email campaign from a sub-account to a parent account, then distribute the template:
- In the sub-account, open the email campaign.
- Go to Content Creation.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner and select Distribute.
- In the Campaign Distribution window, select the parent account where you want to copy the campaign and click Distribute Campaign.
- Go to the parent account where the campaign has been distributed to, and now you can distribute the template to sub-accounts.