Distribution can be performed in the following directions:
- Email template distribution: From a parent account to sub-accounts only.
- Email campaign distribution: From a parent account to sub-accounts, and between sub-accounts.
Distributing a campaign can be beneficial, for example, if you have different accounts for different regions or brands, where they create a localized version can be created from the same content.
Be aware that only multi-account users are enabled to distribute email templates or campaigns and your accounts must be connected by Emarsys. For setting up multi-account privileges and connecting your accounts, contact Emarsys Support.
Distributing a block-based template
Your block-based templates are available for distribution on Your Templates page.
To distribute a template, proceed as follows:
- Open the Channels menu and select Email Campaigns.
- Click Create Email. Remember to choose Block-based Editor if you are asked to choose which editor to use.
- On the Your Templates page, you can choose from any of the available templates.
- Hover your cursor over the selected template click the three dots in the upper right corner and select the Distribute to... icon.
5. In that case your accounts are connected by Emarsys and you have multi-account privileges you can select and add the accounts where you want to distribute the template in the Distribute template to accounts window.
You can distribute templates to those accounts only where you have login access rights, and your accounts are connected by Emarsys admin, otherwise the accounts won't be listed. Contact Emarsys support for setting up multi-account relations and your privileges.
6. Click Distribute template.
To distribute the template with its original name, leave the Template name field empty. If the sub-account already has a template with an identical name, it will still get the distributed template with the same name.
Optionally, you can define a new name for the template you want to distribute.
Distributing a block-based email campaign
All the email campaigns that have been created in your account are listed on the Email Campaigns page (Channels menu, Email Campaigns).
To distribute a block-based campaign, proceed as follows:
2. Click the three dots and select Distribute in the upper right corner of the Content Creation page.
3. If you have multi-account privileges and your accounts are connected by Emarsys you can select and add the accounts where you want to distribute the campaign in the Distribute campaigns window.
You can distribute campaigns to those accounts only, where you have login access rights, and your accounts are connected by Emarsys admin, otherwise the accounts won't be listed. Contact Emarsys support for setting up multi-account relations and your privileges.
4. A notification is sent to the parent account on the result of the distribution. Sub-account is notified only if the distribution was successful.
To see every notification, switch off the Only important toggle in the Notification Center.
Not all elements of an email template or a campaign content are reusable in other accounts. In case of distributing account-specific content the settings (e.g.: "from" email address, link category, personalization placeholders) need to be reset in the new accounts.
Always test your campaign after distribution to make sure, all the appropriate settings and personalizations work properly in the new account.
Distributed campaign - template relation
When you distribute a block-based campaign, it keeps its connection with the original email template. By default, all distributed campaigns stay connected with their original templates. This means, even after distribution you can get notifications on the updates of the original template.
Copy template function
Optionally, after a campaign distribution you can request its original template to be copied to the sub-account.
The Copy template function is recommended for advanced users in special cases. For example, when you want to create a translation flow with campaign distribution. For this, distribute your campaign to another region's account, copy the original template and modify it to have a language-specific content. All your newly distributed campaigns will automatically refer to the language-specific template, enabling you to update it to get the language specific-settings.
Copy template is an advanced functionality that can be requested from Emarsys Support.
Not all elements of the campaign is distributed.
In case of distributing account-specific content and settings some elements have to be set up separately in different accounts. Not all elements of an email template or a campaign content are reusable in other accounts.
Personalization does not work in the distributed email campaign.
The distributed personalization content elements e.g.: personalization placeholders, predict widgets have to be set up in the new account. It is highly recommended to test your distributed campaign.
Distributed email campaign is not updated automatically.
Update is not automatic. Update the newly distributed campaign to have the HTML-specific translations and translate the content. Use the update campaign feature to adapt it to the target account's template.