Please note that we have tested this Shopify Tactic with the Yotpo app with the basic setup. You might need Premium Subscription to that app. You can also use another app if it supports Shopify Flow and the specific use case. In this case, please note that it is your responsibility to test that app.
This lifecycle Tactic identifies your promoters on a post-purchase product review to measure satisfaction and drive repeat purchases. For this Tactic to work and to be triggered, first you need to activate a Shopify Flow automation in Shopify.
This Shopify Flow Tactic is built in Interactions.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Reduce Customer Churn
- Drive Purchase Frequency
- Increase Active Customer Revenue
- Drive Second Purchase
Overview of the process:
- Product review (in Shopify Flow).
- Product is rated more than 3 stars.
- This event triggers the Post-purchase good product review Tactic in Emarsys.
- Incentivised email (and if used, SMS message) is sent.
All Shopify Flow Tactics are connected to the respective Shopify Flow templates. By using the relevant Emarsys nodes in your Shopify Flow programs, the corresponding Tactics are triggered in Emarsys. So you can automate processes related to your store such as tagging your customers, sending reminders or most importantly increase customer engagement. For more information about the Emarsys nodes used in Shopify Flow and the Post-purchase Good Feedback node, see Emarsys nodes in Shopify Flow.
The basic, Email-only program looks like the following:
The SMS-only program looks like the following:
The most advanced, Email + SMS program looks like the following:
Activating the Tactic
- Shopify Flow plug-in with active Shopify events
- An activated Shopify Flow program
- Personalization tokens
- Email campaign
- SMS campaign (if used)
- Download the template in Shopify Flow (for a step by step guide, see Using the Emarsys Post-purchase good feedback in a Shopify Flow program).
- Download the Tactic. By doing so, an external event will be created.
- In Emarsys, go to Management > External Events.
- Find the relevant External Event (Good Product Review) and copy its External Event ID.
- Paste the External Event ID in the Shopify Flow program and activate it.
Then in the Interactions program:
- The Good Product Review event is pre-selected in the entry node of the program.
- Create the email campaign.
- Create the SMS campaign (if used).
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Activate the Tactic.