The first tab in the Content Creation step of the wizard is the Email Basics. Here you define the content that the recipient will first see in their mail client or in a lock-screen notification on a mobile device.
- The Subject line, From (name) and From (email address) are all mandatory. Personalization and conditional content are available in the Subject line and the From (name) fields.
- If you do not want to use your own From (email address) , you can choose to Use Emarsys reply mail management.
- Preview text (also known as preheader) will be shown in some mail client inboxes, or on the lock screen of a smart phone. Choosing the right preview text can be really helpful in increasing the open rate of your emails.
- Insert "Unsubscribe" link will activate the Emarsys unsubscribe feature and add this to your email.
- Insert "Show online version" link will add this link to your email.
Emojis are not supported in the From name field. It can contain any character that is included in the UTF-8 character set, except the emojis.