Emarsys enables you to provide an online version of your email to your contacts. This can be useful for them if their email client does not render the email properly. Contacts can access the online version of an email via a link in the email itself.
Online version is generated after the launch of the email campaign. Please note that sometimes it can take some minutes to have the online version available.
Online versions are available for one month. After one month, if your contact clicks the relevant link in the email, the contact will receive only a warning: Online version is not available.
An important exception to online availability is when a specific contact that the mail was sent to was deleted afterwards. In this case, if you want to check up on the online version, it cannot be generated since data is not retained for deleted contacts.
Online version generation can be disabled on campaign level, please contact Emarsys Support for more info. However, this will have the following effects:
- We will not generate the online version, therefore, we will not record any clicks pointing to the online version.
- Automatic insertion of online version links will be disabled, for the given campaign and for any copies of it.
- Serving the URL will not work (even if the link is deduced from previous examples of it).
Inserting an online version link
The easiest way to insert an online version link is to use the relevant checkbox in the Email Basics tab.
The Insert "Show online version" link checkbox is by default:
- Checked in HTML campaigns
- Unchecked in VCE campaigns
Checking this checkbox will insert a link at the top of your email.
Be aware that the online version link might differ between different emails in different languages. Non-English versions display the URL, not only a CTA text.
To ensure the consistent look of your online version link between languages, uncheck the Insert "Show online version" link checkbox, and add the link manually.
Creating an online version link
To manually add an online version link in your emails, simply create a link in one of your blocks, and add
#HTML_BROWSE_HREF# as the URL.
Note that online version does not work for broadcast emails. Broadcast emails are counted as normal triggered emails for billing purposes, however they have limitations. Learn more.
Sending of broadcast emails is not supported under any of the following circumstances:
• You are using any personalization placeholders that are referring to contact fields, for example:
• You are using any personalization placeholders that contain legacy personalization variables