The Strategic Dashboard has been designed for marketing decision-makers and shows you the results of your marketing strategies against a particular objective, such as growing your revenue or your active customer base.
The Strategic Dashboard consists of a number of widgets that provide you with easy visual overviews of each of the strategies that you are pursuing to achieve your objective.
These widgets provide detailed reporting on all the Automation Center programs (including tactics) which are contributing to that strategy.
For all charts, you can hover your mouse cursor over any point to see the exact figures for that day.
By default, the results are shown per day on the Strategic Dashboard. You can switch between daily, weekly or monthly views.
Setting your targets
Your first task is to Set New Target. A target helps you to focus on one aspect of your business, for example growing your active customer base, making it easier to measure the performance of your campaigns and then to extend or optimize them.
Here you can:
- Select an objective.
- Set your target by defining a given increase in unit value or percentage.
- Choose the active time period for the analysis.
- Select the comparison period.
In the Summary widget, you can review the settings of your target.
Once you have set your target, it will appear as your Target in the main results widget.
It can take a few minutes for the data in your account to populate the widgets fully.
A strategy is a particular way to achieve a target. For example, for the objective Active Customers, you have a number of strategies along this part of the customer lifecycle which contribute to it, including Grow contact database, Drive first purchase and Reduce customer churn.
Each of these strategies is displayed in a widget with the following controls.
Adding and removing strategies
To add a strategy to the Dashboard, navigate to the last widget in the list and select the strategy you want to add.
If you do not see this last widget, that means there are no other strategies to show for this objective.
Click Details on any strategy widget to open its reporting page.
The top section gives an overview for the strategy, aggregating all the results from all the programs that contribute to it.
Here you can:
- Change the date range and comparison period.
- See the figure for the comparison period.
- View the two figures over the whole time period (including mouse-over pop-ups for individual days).
- See which tactics are available for this strategy and download them.
Get Better Results with Tactics
Click this button to open the Tactics page showing all the tactics relating to the strategy. From here you can create a new tactic.
A tactic is an automated marketing campaign which has been designed to contribute to one or more strategies.
For example, if your strategy is to increase the average order value, you can use the Abandoned Browse, Abandoned Cart and Birthday tactics and all these will contribute to your reporting for this strategy.
For more information, see:
Strategic Dashboard widgets
The following widgets are available on the Strategic Dashboard:
- Drive first purchase - You can check the number of contacts who converted to first time buyer from a lead status. Contacts, who became a contact as a result of a purchase, are excluded from the calculation.
- Reduce customer churn - You can check the number of contacts who converted to active lifecycle status from inactive or defecting status.
- Drive web traffic - You can check the number of clicks occurred from email campaigns.
- Increase average order value - You can check the average order value, which is calculated by dividing the revenue by the number of transactions.
- Drive purchase frequency - You can check the average number of days passed since the last purchase of those who purchased on a given day.
- Increase active customer revenue - You can check the revenue generated by active customers. The active stage of the customers is defined by Smart Insight. This revenue is attributed to those contacts who are in the active stage when the purchase has happened.
- Increase premium customer revenue - You can check the revenue, which is attributed to the gold and platinum customers (in the case of custom categories, the two highest categories are used).
- Increase units per transaction - You can check the average units per transaction, which is calculated by dividing the total number of items purchased by the number of transactions.
Strategic Dashboard for Essential package customers
The main difference for customers having the Essential package is that instead of Smart Insight (available in the Advanced package), Strategic Dashboard is using Web Extend for data gathering. This means that no Lifecycle objectives can be selected, only Revenue ones are available. Active Customer is not available in this package.
Within the Revenue objective, all the functions are available:
- Select comparison period
- Data of the main objective
- Supporting KPIs and strategies:
- Increase average order value
- Drive purchase frequency
- Drive web traffic
- Increase items per order
- Set targets (recurring or one-time)
On the individual strategies’ pages you can further examine the corresponding metric and the Tactics that have been initiated for the given strategy. As with the regular version of Strategic Dashboard, custom programs can also be added and followed on these screens.
Strategic Dashboard for Retail customers
For more information, see Strategic Dashboard for Retail customers.