Creating Loyalty Groups
There are two options to create and manage Loyalty Groups:
- Loyalty admin UI
To create a Loyalty Group via the Loyalty admin UI, go to the Add-ons > Loyalty > Member Profiles > Create member group:
Create group settings:
- Select plan - If you manage multiple plans, you are requested to select in which plan to open the group. Members from different plans cannot be added to the same group.
- Group name - Create a permanent name that will be used as a group identifier. The name cannot be changed or duplicated after the group is created. Furthermore, the group name needs to be in lowercase and without spaces!
- Add members - Search members by external ID and add them to the group. A member already associated with another group is not shown in the search results.
- Add member button - Once the search result shows you the contact you were looking for, you are required to add it to the group members.
- Create - Once you completed the group settings, you are ready to create it. Please note that creating a group requires at least two members to be added.
Once you create the new group, the Group Profile page will automatically show up.
In case a member is displayed in the search results as a unique ID and not by email, this means that this contact is not yet in the Emarsys contact database.
Managing Loyalty Groups
Group management is very similar to the regular member management, as both are managed on the profile pages (Add-ons > Loyalty > Member Profiles).
The Member Profiles page is where you search existing members or groups.
Please note that Member Profiles does not show a list of members until you type in the email of an existing Loyalty member.
Search results show the following:
The Group Profile includes the following sections:
- Status Bar - Here, you can track the group's general details, such as current status and points.
- Add/Remove points - Here, you can add or remove Status Points from the group. Status points that are issued annually by customer support are a group asset, which means:
- If members leave the group, they will receive the proportion they deserve from these status points, and the number of group status points decreases by this amount.
- If the group is closed, these points will be distributed equally among all members of the group.
- Update Tier - Here, you can upgrade or downgrade the group tier. Once you update the status of an entire group, it will affect each member personally as well.
- Add new members - Here, you can add new members to an existing group. It works just like adding members when creating a new group.
- Activity tab - Here, you can track the group activity and get detailed information about each activity related to the group.
Group member activity (Loyalty Wallet/API)
In addition to My Activity, a separate section called Group Activity is added and allows you full monitoring of activities and status changes.
Group member actions & rewards
Group members continue to receive personal actions and accumulate their own points for expenses and rewards.
For more detailed information on API calls, see our developer documentation.