This tactic increases customer engagement with the loyalty program and motivates non-customers to purchase at your shop. By employing this tactic, you can let your members know about a referral program and reward them with Loyalty points or vouchers if they successfully refer a friend.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Grow Contact Database
- Drive First Purchase
- Increase Active Customer Revenue
- Increase Premium Customer Revenue
- Drive Second Purchase
Automation Center program
The basic email-only variant of the program looks like this:
The most advanced email+SMS variant of the program looks like this:
Activating the Tactic
- Create a "Refer a friend" email campaign.
- Activate a Loyalty referral action at Add-ons
- Insert the personalization tokens of the Loyalty referral action (CTA, URL) into the email campaign.
- Personalization tokens (if used)
- SMS channel campaign (if used)
- Create the combined segment for Loyalty member contacts with at least 1 purchase in past 90 days.
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your "Refer a friend" campaign.
- Create a segment for filtering contacts who opted in to receive SMS as well.
- Swap the SMS in the Tactic with your "Refer a friend" campaign if used.
As this program runs daily, be sure to keep a reasonable period of reentry into this program in the participation settings.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this Points about to expire Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Loyalty tab.