This acquisition and conversion Tactic helps you to acquire new contacts using forms to capture leads on your website, then sending them a confirmation email about their registration to your contact database.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Grow Contact Database
- Drive First Purchase
- By using an Emarsys form, you collect the following information about the contact on your website:
- First name
- Last name
- Based on the information above, contact is created in Emarsys.
- Confirmation email is sent about the contact creation.
This Tactic is a confirmed opt-in campaign, meaning the email registration method in which the subscriber takes a single action, such as selecting a checkbox, to subscribe to your email. Then a confirmation email is sent to the subscriber.
Automation Center programs
The basic (Essential) program looks like the following:
The advanced version of the program looks the same, except new contacts will receive product recommendations as well in the confirmation email.
Activating the Tactic
- Web channel
- An Emarsys form
- Email campaign
- Personalization tokens
- Go to Web Channel > Campaigns and click Create Campaign.
- Select Contact acquisition (Visual Editor) from the Web Channel campaign templates.
- The campaign contains a form, create your own based on the one included (general registration form).
- Add the form you created to the entry node of the program.
- Create the email campaign.
- Add personalization tokens.
- Activate the program.
For more information about forms, see End-user guides:: Creating and editing forms.