This demand generation Tactic alerts your customers that some of the products they put on their wishlist are back in stock.
The Product Catalog Updates notifies the customer when their desired items' are back in stock. You can fine-tune the targeting by setting the relevancy (the item was added to the wishlist in the last X days) and exclude those who already purchased it. Emarsys automatically excludes items that are not available anymore.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Drive First Purchase
- Reduce Customer Churn
- Drive Purchase Frequency
- Drive Web Traffic
- Increase Active Customer Revenue
- Drive Second Purchase
- The contacts add a product to their wishlist.
- The product from the contacts' wishlist is back in stock.
- Relevant contacts are matched.
- Email (and if used, an SMS) is sent with product details.
The basic, email-only variant of the program looks like the following:
The most advanced, email+SMS variant of the program looks like the following:
Activating the Tactic
- Web Extend
- Wishlist data sent in through a dedicated API endpoint in the required format
- Email campaign
- SMS campaign (if used)
- Personalization tokens
- Interactions advanced functionalities
- Make sure you onboarded wishlist data successfully and have the correct event structure (see The technical solution to onboard wishlist data).
- The Back in Stock event is pre-selected in the entry node of the program.
- Create the email campaign.
- Create the SMS campaign (if used).
- Add the personalization tokens.
- Activate the Tactic.
Currently, Emarsys Support will update your templates for Product catalog update Tactics. If you would like to understand the template update process better or update the template yourself, check Updating your template for Product catalog update Tactics.
The technical solution to onboard wishlist data
There is a dedicated API endpoint for wishlist events. This solution has numerous benefits:
- Marketers cannot delete wishlist-related events accidentally.
- Wishlist is a highlighted resource across the platform, and it would not be lost among the other external events.
- The event has a standardized structure with proper validation.