You can respond to your contacts’ wishlist updates with the Wishlist event trigger in Interactions and with the Added the product to a wishlist contact behavior option in Product Catalog Updates.
Interactions - Wishlist event trigger
Sending confirmation messages with the Wishlist event trigger
The Wishlist event trigger comes in handy when you would like to send confirmation messages to contacts who added items to their wishlist and personalize the content with any product details from your product catalog (e.g.
When customers visit your brick and mortar store and the product they are looking for is currently unavailable, then the shop assistant can add that item to their wishlist. After successful registration, you can send a confirmation email containing the items that were recently added to the contact’s wishlist.
You can send custom event attributes (e.g.
event_attributes.shop_assistant_name) and use them in Decision nodes and for personalization. For more information, see Wishlist event.
This is how a Wishlist confirmation program looks like:
Here is what you need to do to build this program:
- Create an Interactions program and select the Wishlist event entry node.
- Double click the Wishlist event node and select the Updated wishlist trigger event.
- Add a Wait node to the program and set it to wait 90 minutes.
- Add a Decision node to the program and configure it as follows:
- Choose the Event did not happen template.
- Select the Wishlist event and the Updated wishlist trigger event.
- Set the Timeframe to Since the trigger.
This node ensures that only the latest Updated wishlist event triggers the program (i.e. no more wishlist update event happened since then), so contacts will receive your message only once.
- Add a Participation check node to the program, select the If the elapsed time since the contact last proceeded along the Yes path is at least option and set it to 3 days.
- Add the required channel node to the program and select your campaign.
Product Catalog Updates - Added the product to a wishlist filter
Sending Wishlist price drop campaigns
You can notify your customers when an item’s price they have added to their wishlist has dropped by building a Product Catalog Updates program. For more information, see Wishlist price drop campaign.
Sending Wishlist back in stock campaigns
You can notify your customers when an item’s price they have added to their wishlist has dropped by building a Product Catalog Updates program. For more information, see Wishlist back in stock campaign.
For more information on the API endpoint, see Trigger a Wishlist update.