When the Loyalty Wallet initializes correctly, you will see the Wallet Status or Join button in their configured location in the online shop. If not, you should see an error message which you can send us to start troubleshooting.
Alternatively, you could use the Loyalty API, which provides the same functionality as the Wallet but using your own UI.
For information about how to implement the Wallet or the API, please visit our developer page.
For the Wallet and the API, you need to use the same user identifier as you use in your sales data for Smart Insight.
We recommend you to test the following:
- The Wallet design and wording is correct
- The Wallet is shown on the correct pages and to the desired users, namely, not to guest users
- The correct identifier (external_id) is sent to the Wallet. This can be done by following steps:
- Open your browser, and go to your webshop (on development or staging).
- Login to the webshop.
- When you see the Wallet, press F12, or right-click with your mouse and go to inspect the element. You will see the following screen:
- Switch to the Elements tab and search for the word:
contactid. You should now find the Loyalty configuration under
window.loyalsysSettingsin the main window . Look for the parameter
contactId. This should show the current user’s identifier used for the Wallet.
If you choose email as your identifier, you should see here the user’s email. This is to ensure that your development team is sending the correct
- Contacts get their Join reward when they join the program
- Links from the Wallet work: Login page, T&C’s, etc.
- Fixed benefits and rewards are shown correctly
- Points allocation for purchases: To be able to test that contacts will get points for purchases, ask your Implementation Consultant to check if sales data is being imported into Loyalty correctly.
In case that you want the Loyalty team to migrate data from your old loyalty program then the sales data import will only start after migration. If a client wants to test purchases despite being migrated, let the Loyalty team know. The Loyalty team will start a temporary import of sales files for the client to test. Before going live, the Loyalty team will delete sales data and contacts in the system and will restart it.