You can link programs together so that a contact reaching a Transfer to program node in one program automatically enters a second one. To do so, proceed as follows:
1. First, make sure that the second (target) program starts with the node Entry from program.
- Programs starting with the Entry from program node are triggered every 10 minutes by the source program containing the Transfer to program node.
- Programs starting with the Entry from program node that were created prior to September 27, 2022 still contain the built-in Wait node but now you can adjust or delete it according to your needs. Programs that were created after September 27, 2022 do not contain this built-in Wait node.
- The Entry from program node is a recurring entry point. If your program starts with this node, you cannot add additional recurring, transactional or batch entry points to the same program.
2. Add the Transfer to program node to the first (source) program and open it. All programs that start with the node Entry from program are listed. Select the target program from the list.
Contacts arriving at the Transfer to program node are queued and they will be transferred to the target program starting with the Entry from program entry point every 10 minutes.
The target program now has the first program displayed as the source program in its entry point.
There is no combined reporting for linked programs; each one has the standard reporting features for all programs.
For more information, see Connecting programs.