You can link programs together so that a contact reaching a Transfer to program node in one program automatically enters a second one. To do so, proceed as follows:
1. First, make sure that the second (target) program starts with the node Entry from program.
When you add the Entry from program node to a program, a special Wait node is automatically inserted right after it. Please note the following:
- You must not delete this Wait node. If you do, the program becomes invalid and you cannot activate it.
- If you accidentally delete the automatically generated Wait node, you cannot add it again manually (the program will remain invalid) but must delete the Entry from program node, then add it again to re-generate the special Wait node.
- You cannot connect any other nodes to the Entry from program node, you can only connect nodes to the special Wait node following it.
- The Entry from program node is a recurring entry point. If your program starts with this node, you cannot add additional recurring, transactional or batch entry points to the same program.
2. Add the Transfer to program node to the first (source) program and open it. All programs that start with the node Entry from program are listed. Select the target program from the list.
The target program now has the first program displayed as the source program in its entry point.
There is no combined reporting for linked programs; each one has the standard reporting features for all programs.
For more information, see Connecting programs.