What does the 50 trigger events/sec fair usage policy (rate limit) mean in Interactions?
The 50 trigger events/sec rate limit applies to all trigger sources you are using. Suppose that during peak times you receive 74 trigger events/sec on average as follows:
- 24 incoming Mobile events/sec
- 35 Web Extend mobile events/sec
- 15 API External events/sec
Emarsys will add the events exceeding the limit to a specific queue (in this case, 24 events) where only such events are collected. As soon as the traffic drops, the triggers in the specific queue will be processed (e.g. if your traffic decreases to 40 events/sec, then 10 events will be processed per second in the specific queue).
Due to this solution, events exceeding the limit will not cause a delay for all the incoming events in the queue, which helps us ensure that the majority of the incoming events will be processed in a timely manner in compliance with the Interactions SLA.
- Please note that the 50 trigger events/sec rate limit applies to Interactions even when you are sending batches of events as a single trigger via the API endpoint (e.g. if you send batches of 1000 events as a single trigger via the API, then Interactions will count these as 1000 events and not as a single one).
- If you would like to increase the 50 triggers events/sec rate limit, please contact your Client Success Manager.
How can I ensure that contacts will not receive irrelevant messages due to the events in the specific queue?
Interactions comes with a TTL (time-to-live) value that is 6 hours by default. You can configure this value on a program level since January 2021. Emarsys examines the events as follows:
- When the event would trigger a program, we check the
event_timeattribute (i.e. the time when the event happened) within the event payload.
- If the difference between the
trigger_timeattributes exceeds the TTL value, then the event is discarded and it will not trigger the program.
Although expired events are discarded, Emarsys stores them in the Interactions historical data cache, so the Decision nodes using historical data will still work appropriately.
What happens if the event data size for the given event is above 20kB?
An Interactions program will only be triggered if the size of event data for the given event is below 20kB. The API call will not trigger the Interactions program even if you get the
200 OK response
Can I use VCMS campaigns in Interactions?
No. Interactions uses Triggered Email mail streams to send messages to your contacts and you cannot use VCMS for creating Triggered Emails.