To schedule a program, proceed as follows:
1. Click Schedule in the bottom of the canvas.
2. Choose from the following options:
Please consider the following:
- If you schedule your program to start in the past, then after activating it, it will start immediately.
- You must specify an end date in the future.
- One-time (with end date) - The program will start at the specified date and will run until the end date you set.
- Ongoing (running indefinitely) - The program will start at the specified date and it will run indefinitely (without an end date).
If you selected this option, then you can Freeze or Finish your program manually or you can select the One-time (with end date) option and select an end date later.
- Recurring - The program will run on the selected days between the specified starting and ending time.
A typical use case - geofencing:
For example, you can send push messages encouraging your customers to visit your store while it’s open (e.g. from Monday to Sunday between 08:00 and 18:30). In this case, your program will be scheduled to run as follows:
3. When you are ready, click Set Schedule.
4. To activate your program, click the Program Status button in the top right corner, select Activate the scheduled program, then click Activate.
- Programs are scheduled based on your account’s time zone. If your admin’s and account’s time zones are different, then a notification will be displayed. Programs do not take the time zone of your contacts into consideration.
- Trigger events can only enter Active programs.
- The name of the Program Status button depends on the status of your program.