An automated program triggered when the price of a product is reduced, which sends an email to all customers who have previously viewed it, but did not purchase.
This demand generation Tactic is enhanced with product recommendations in the same product category, with incentives for leads, defecting and active customers.
It supports the Revenue objective and contributes to the following strategies:
- Convert leads to first-time buyers
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Retain active customers
- Win back defecting customers
- Win back inactive customers
The Tactic looks for price drops in the product catalog and cross-checks them with customers who have viewed the product within the last 90 days, but did not purchase.
Automation Center program
The program looks like this.
The program starts with a Recurring filter node that runs every day and uses a Predict segment that returns all customers who have purchased within the last three days.
The program then waits three days after the initial email before filtering again to see if a purchase has been made. If TRUE, the contact exits the program. If FALSE, a reminder email is sent.
- The lowest possible setting of the segment is 10%. Even if the setting is lowered, only products with at least 10% will be considered.
- If a higher number is entered into the segment template, it sets a range for the produst to be considered. For example, if the setting is All contacts who have at least one product whose price has dropped by 30%, the Tactic will consider all products that have a price drop between 10% and 30%.