An automated program triggered when a product is back in stock, which sends an email to customers who viewed it while it was unavailable.
The Back in stock Tactic using Relational Data is no longer available. For this reason, Emarsys recommends using Real Time Interaction based Product catalog updates.
Currently, Emarsys Support will update your templates for Product catalog update Tactics. If you would like to understand the template update process better or update the template yourself, check our Guidelines on updating your template for Product catalog update Tactics.
This demand generation Tactic is enhanced with product recommendations in the same product category, with incentives for leads, defecting and active customers.
It supports the Revenue objective and contributes to the following strategies:
- Convert leads to first-time buyers
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Retain active customers
- Win back defecting customers
- Win back inactive customers
The prerequisites for the Back in stock Tactic to work are the following:
- Web Extend
This Tactic looks for back-in-stock items appearing between two uploaded product catalogs. When it has the list of back-in-stock items, it calculates the affinity of customers. All customers are considered who have viewed the the product at least once between 12 hours and the last 90 days.
We monitor Predict product catalog's available field to be informed about back in stock events. Be aware, this field is a boolean field which means it can indicate if a product is available or not (TRUE/FALSE), but cannot indicate the stock amount. We compare the current product catalog state to the previous state.
Please bear in mind the following:
- Calculation happens at 14:00 UTC.
- Any Data Platform to Relational Data load after the calculation will replace the previous state, so only fresh data will be stored in the Relational Data database.
- Currently, we use the last 2 versions of the product catalog to feed our calculations. This means the calculation works only if a customer doesn't load their product catalog more than once a day.
- E.g: the product catalog load is scheduled to run every even hour. In this case, the back in stock calculation will compare the product catalogs uploaded at 12:00 and 14:00 and not the changes that happened from one day to the next.
- We suggest scheduling the Automation Center campaigns outside of the loading hours. The approximate loading hours for Back in stock Tactic is 14:00 to 17:00 UTC.
- Product views which are followed by purchase are not filtered out from the calculation.
Automation Center program
The Automation Center program looks like this.
The program starts with a Recurring filter node that runs every day and uses a relational segment that returns all customers who have products back in stock.
The program then waits three days after the initial email before filtering for customers who made a purchase within the last three days. If TRUE, the contact exits the program. If FALSE, a reminder email is sent.