AI segments are driven by the Emarsys Artificial Intelligence learning algorithms that continuously train themselves by processing your customers' data and identify and analyze patterns of behavior. By using AI segments, you can predict the future behavior of your customers with high certainty based on their past behavior that allows you to encourage customer actions or prevent undesirable tendencies.
How do AI segments work?
AI segments use prediction scores to calculate how likely it is that a contact will perform an action, for example, whether a customer will convert, remain inactive or churn. Prediction scores determine the thresholds based on which AI segments predict the customers' behavior. These thresholds are dynamically checked and updated by the Emarsys AI learning algorithms and vary from customer to customer.
Prediction scores, similarly to segments, are always refreshed before they are used, so when using AI segments, you will always work with the latest results. When you start using AI segments in your campaigns, your segments will become more precise in predicting customer behavior and the performance of your campaigns will increase significantly due to the Emarsys AI learning algorithms.
Why should I be using AI segments?
With AI segments you can:
- Target your contacts with emails having different subject lines or content based on your customers' engagement levels.
- Spare money on CRM Ads by targeting only those contacts who are likely to remain inactive or disengage or by targeting these contacts on different channels.
- Lead your customers from one lifecycle stage to another more precisely and efficiently, for example, you can encourage your first-time buyers to become active buyers.
- Differentiate your leads who are likely to convert from those who are likely to remain inactive or become cold.
- Distinguish your customers who are likely to engage with your campaigns from those who are likely to remain active or disengage.
Creating an AI segment
To create an AI segment, proceed as follows:
1. In the Contacts menu, select Segments, click Create Segment, then choose AI segment.
2. Give your segment a Name and add a Description to it.
This can help you identify segments easily on the Overview page.
3. Select a template and choose the field you need. The following AI segment templates and fields are available:
- AI – Predictive email engagement: With this template you can target your contacts who are likely to remain inactive / disengage / engage in the next 30 days concerning their reactions to your email campaigns.
- AI – Predictive web engagement: With this template you can target your contacts who are likely to remain inactive / disengage / engage in the next 30 days concerning their reactions to your web campaigns.
- AI – Predictive lifecycle segments for customers: With this template you can target your first-time buyers / customers who purchased / customers who purchased more than once and who are likely to remain inactive / churn / convert in the next 30 days.
- AI – Predictive lifecycle segments for leads: With this template you can target your leads who are likely to remain inactive / become cold / convert in the next 30 days.
- AI – Predictive revenue: With this template you can target your contacts whose cart value will be low / medium / high in the next 30 days.
4. To create and save the segment and display the results, click Save & Apply.
Optionally, you can combine your AI segments with different segment types by clicking Combine this segment. For more information, see Combining segments.