This article provides information for creating your Overlay Web Channel campaign.
The Overlay Web Channel campaign will appear above your normal website content on top of it as an extra layer to catch your visitor's attention. For example, you can create an Overlay campaign to:
- Reactivate your inactive customers with offering (personalized) vouchers.
- Create a Newsletter sign up form for not registered visitors (Based on CRM data).
Web Channel campaign must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Selecting a template
To create a new Overlay campaign using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
Choose a pre-created, designed campaign. For details, see Selecting your campaign template.
Ensure you set the following:
- For Overlay Web Channel campaign you cannot select Unintrusive messaging, but you can set any other campaign strategies.
- Set the format of your campaign as Overlay.
- Select your editor type according to your needs.
Optionally, you can select a blank campaign.
You can edit or copy an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the status is Running or Publishing or Active and awaiting publishing.
Creating an Overlay campaign
Once you have selected your campaign template, or started to edit an existing one, the creation wizard opens.
- Define how and where to display the campaign on specific pages or on specific URLs. Currently the overlay is always shown in the middle of the page.
You cannot specify the position where the overlay is displayed on the web page.
- Choose a layout.
- Edit the content according to your needs either with the Visual Editor, or HTML editor:
- In the Visual Editor you can do the following:
- In the HTML editor:
Trigger & Scheduling
- Before activation you can set when and how often you want to display the Web Channel content. For details, see Trigger & Scheduling description.
For Overlay campaigns only, you can set the Display Trigger function when to display your campaign:
- When the visitor opens the website – The campaign will be displayed after the specified time period when the customer enters your website.
- When the visitor leaves the website (Exit intent) – The campaign will be displayed when the customer intends to leave your website (When the pointer of the mouse gets about 20 pixels close to the top of the website, there will be a 0.5 second delay and the campaign is displayed).
The delay timer starts once the website where the Overlay campaign has loaded.
For mobile websites the Display Trigger (Exit intent) function is not supported, as exit intent cannot be detected on mobile devices.
- Click Save, then Activate and the campaign will become visible on the Campaigns tab as a ready campaign.
When a campaign’s status is Running or Active you cannot edit it anymore.