This article provides information for creating your Ribbon Web Channel campaign. The Ribbon campaign displays a narrow ribbon, only minimally affecting your visitors’ browsing experience, which is a less intrusive campaign type. The ribbon is displayed at the top or bottom of the page or follows the user's scrolling. You can create a ribbon campaign, for example to:
- Remind your visitors about an ongoing offer.
- Share a personal voucher code that is about to expire.
- Display a general cookie notification.
This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Selecting a template
To create a new Ribbon campaign using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
- Opt-in repermissioning
- Unintrusive messaging
3. Select the editor type.
Optionally, you can create a blank campaign.
You can edit or copy an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the status is Running or Publishing or Active and awaiting publishing.
Creating a Ribbon campaign
Once you have selected your campaign template, or started to edit an existing one, the creation wizard opens.
If you are using the Visual Editor, then you can also test your campaign on the Content page by clicking the Test button.
The Settings tab is available only for Ribbon and Embedded Web Channel campaigns.
- There are three options for placement and behavior on the Settings tab:
- Fix position/ribbon at the top: Ribbon position is fixed at the top of your website.
- Fix position/ribbon at the bottom: Ribbon position is fixed at the bottom of your website.
- Floating ribbon at the top: Ribbon follows the scrolling of the visitors of your website.
Trigger & Scheduling
When a campaign’s status is Running or Active you cannot edit it anymore.