This article provides information for creating your Ribbon Web Channel campaign. The Ribbon campaign displays a narrow ribbon, only minimally affecting your visitors’ browsing experience, which is a less intrusive campaign type. The ribbon is displayed at the top or bottom of the page or follows the user's scrolling. You can create a ribbon campaign, for example to:
- Remind your visitors about an ongoing offer.
- Share a personal voucher code that is about to expire.
- Display a general cookie notification.
This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Selecting a template
To create a new Ribbon campaign using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
1. Select your campaign template. You can choose from the following campaign strategies:
- Opt-in repermissioning
- Unintrusive messaging
2. Select the Ribbon campaign format.
3. Select the editor type.
Optionally, you can create a blank campaign.
You can edit or copy an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the status is Running or Publishing or Active and awaiting publishing.
Creating a Ribbon campaign
Once you have selected your campaign template, or started to edit an existing one, the creation wizard opens.
- Define the Campaign settings.
- Optionally, you can define filters in the Browsing session filters menu of the Campaign settings.
- Click Save and Continue to proceed to the Placement step.
- Define how and where your campaign is displayed on your website. See details at the Show on these pages drop-down menu description.
- You can check a preview of the selected page in desktop or mobile view.
- Click Save and Continue to proceed to the Content step.
- Choose a layout.
- Edit the content according to your needs either with the Visual Editor, or HTML editor.
If you are using the Visual Editor, then you can also test your campaign on the Content page by clicking the Test button.
The Settings tab is available only for Ribbon and Embedded Web Channel campaigns.
- There are three options for placement and behavior on the Settings tab:
- Fix position/ribbon at the top: Ribbon position is fixed at the top of your website.
- Fix position/ribbon at the bottom: Ribbon position is fixed at the bottom of your website.
- Floating ribbon at the top: Ribbon follows the scrolling of the visitors of your website.
- Optionally, you can test your newly designed Web Channel campaign in a new tab or window. For more information on testing, see Testing a Web Channel campaign.
- Click Save and Continue to proceed to the Trigger & Scheduling step.
Trigger & Scheduling
- Before activation you can set when and how often you want to display the Web Channel content. For details, see Trigger & Scheduling.
- Click Save then Activate and the campaign will become visible on the Campaigns tab as a ready campaign.
When a campaign’s status is Running or Active you cannot edit it anymore.
For more information, see Activating a campaign or Managing Web Channel campaigns.