This article provides information for creating your Ribbon Web Channel campaign. The Ribbon campaign displays a narrow ribbon, only minimally affecting your visitors’ browsing experience, which is a less intrusive campaign type. The ribbon is displayed at the top or bottom of the page or follows the user's scrolling. You can create a ribbon campaign, for example to:
- Remind your visitors about an ongoing offer.
- Share a personal voucher code that is about to expire.
- Display a general cookie notification.
This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Selecting a template
To create a new Ribbon campaign using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
Choose a pre-created, designed campaign. For details, see Selecting your campaign template.
Ensure you set the following:
- Ribbon Web Channel campaign you can select opt-in repermissioning or unintrusive messaging campaign strategies.
- Set the format of your campaign as Ribbon.
- Select your editor type according to your needs.
Optionally, you can select a blank campaign.
You can edit or copy an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the status is Running or Publishing or Active and awaiting publishing.
Creating a Ribbon campaign
Once you have selected your campaign template, or started to edit an existing one, the creation wizard opens.
- Choose a layout.
- Edit the content according to your needs either with the Visual Editor, or HTML editor
- In Visual Editor with the Variables Editor you can customize and fine-tune the elements and test your campaign on the Content page.
- Settings tab is available for Embedded and Ribbon campaigns only.
The Settings tab is available only for Ribbon and Embedded Web Channel campaigns.
- There are three options for placement and behavior on the Settings tab:
- Fix position/ribbon at the top: Ribbon position is fixed at the top of your website.
- Fix position/ribbon at the bottom: Ribbon position is fixed at the bottom of your website.
- Floating ribbon at the top: Ribbon follows the scrolling of the visitors of your website.
Trigger & Scheduling
When a campaign’s status is Running or Active you cannot edit it anymore.