This article provides information for creating your Ribbon type Web Channel campaign. The Ribbon campaign displays only a narrow ribbon affecting only minimally your visitors’ browsing experience, which is a less intrusive campaign type. The ribbon is displayed at the top or bottom of the page or follows the user's scrolling. You can create a ribbon campaign, for example to:
- Remind your visitors about an ongoing offer.
- Share a personal voucher code that is about to expire.
- Display a general cookie notification.
This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Selecting a template
To create a new Ribbon campaign using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
Choose a pre-created, designed campaign. For details, see Selecting your campaign template.
Ensure you set the following:
- Ribbon Web Channel campaign you can select opt-in repermissioning or unintrusive messaging campaign strategies.
- Set the format of your campaign as Ribbon.
- Select your editor type according to your needs.
Optionally, you can select a blank campaign.
You can edit or copy an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the status is Running or Publishing or Active and awaiting publishing.
Creating a Ribbon campaign
Once you have selected your campaign template, or started to edit an existing one, the creation wizard opens.
1. Campaign settings
Note the following:
- In Visual Editor with the Variables Editor you can customize and fine-tune the elements and test your campaign on the Content page.
- Settings tab is available for Embedded and Ribbon campaigns only.
Settings tab (Available for Ribbon and Embedded campaigns only.)
The Settings tab is available for Ribbon and Embed type of Web Channel campaigns.
There are three options for placement and behavior on the Settings tab:
- Fix position/ribbon at the top: Ribbon position is fixed at the top of your website.
- Fix position/ribbon at the bottom: Ribbon position is fixed at the bottom of your website.
- Floating ribbon at the top: Ribbon follows the scrolling of the visitors of your website.
4. Trigger & Scheduling
5. Before activation you can set when and how often you want to display the Web Channel content. For details, see Trigger & Scheduling description.