This article provides you information for creating your Embedded Web Channel campaign. The Embedded campaign type will replace a selected web page element on your website with your personalized message. You can display different welcome images for different customer segments on your home page. For example, you can use this type of campaign to:
This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Selecting a template
To create a new Embedded campaign using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
Choose a pre-created, designed campaign. For details, see Selecting your campaign template.
Ensure you set the following:
- For Embedded Web Channel campaign you can select Customer reactivation or Unintrusive messaging campaign strategy.
- Set the format of your campaign as Embedded.
- Select your editor type: With HTML Editor you can create a customer reactivation campaign, with Visual Editor you can replace an image banner.
Optionally, you can select a blank campaign.
You can edit or copy an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the status is Running or Publishing or Active and awaiting publishing.
Creating the Embedded campaign
Once you have selected your campaign template, or started to edit an existing one, the creation wizard opens.
1. Campaign settings
When setting up Embedded campaigns in some cases your web browser is not available to display the Placement step in the Web Channel setup flow. In this case Placement step is omitted and you can find the content of the Placement step (Zone Selector) in the Trigger & Scheduling step.
2. Define how and where your campaign is displayed on your website. See details at the Show on these pages drop-down menu description.
For Embedded campaigns you can select the zone on your website which will be replaced by your personalized Web Channel message
Zone Selector (Available for Embed campaigns only.)
3. In the Show in this zone section select the zone on your website for your personalized Web Channel message. You can also save the selected zone for future use.
- To select a predefined zone, click Select zone... and choose a zone from the drop-down list.
- To create a custom zone, on the Zones tab you can define which web page element youd like to replace on your website. For information on the Zones tab, see Managing Web Channel campaigns.
- To set a zone manually, proceed as follows:
- Click Pick zone with your mouse, then select a zone in the preview window. The selected zone will be highlighted in blue. When you are ready, click OK.
- Click Save Zone As, specify the name of the zone, then click Save.
Note the following:
- In Visual Editor:
- In HTML editor:
- Settings tab is available for Embed and Ribbon campaigns only.
Settings tab (Available for Embedded and Ribbon campaigns only.)
The Settings tab is available for Embedded and Ribbon type of Web Channel campaigns.
There are three options for placement and behavior on the Settings tab:
- Replace content of selected zone: It means the campaign will replace the selected element of your website.
- Insert content before selected zone: The campaign is shown on the left or above of the selected element depending on its design, without replacement.
- Insert content after selected zone: You can display the campaign on the right or below of the chosen element.
You can switch the Fit content to original zone size feature. If its enabled, the zone will keep its original size, otherwise, the zone will have the size of your web campaign element, which will influence the look of your website.
4. Trigger & Scheduling
5. Before activation you can set when and how often you want to display the Web Channel content. For details, see Trigger & Scheduling description.