This article provides you information for creating your Embedded Web Channel campaign. The Embedded campaign type will replace a selected web page element on your website with your personalized message. You can display various types of content for different customer segments on your page. For example, you can use this type of campaign to:
This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1 and 2 of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
Selecting a template
To create a new Embedded campaign using Web Channel templates, you need to perform the following:
1. Select your campaign template. You can choose from the following campaign strategies:
- Customer reactivation
- Unintrusive messaging
2. Select the Embedded format.
3. Select the editor type:
- HTML Editor: You can create a customer reactivation campaign with this editor.
- Visual Editor: You can replace an image banner with this editor.
Optionally, you can create a blank campaign.
You can edit or copy an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the status is Running or Publishing or Active and awaiting publishing.
Creating an Embedded campaign
Before setting up Embedded campaigns, please be aware of the following:
- In some cases your web browser is not available to display the Placement step in the Web Channel setup flow. In this case Placement step is omitted and you can find the content of the Placement step (Zone Selector) in the Trigger & Scheduling step.
- If your website's content structure is not the same for desktop and mobile; editing the Zone may result in showing a resized version of the desktop view, instead of a proper mobile view. This is a temporary limitation, if you experience such issue:
- As a workaround, please load the Emarsys UI on a mobile device and open that particular campaign (quick tip: share the page and send it to your mobile device).
Once you have selected your campaign template, or started to edit an existing one, the creation wizard opens.
1. Define the Campaign Settings.
Optionally, you can define filters in the Browsing session filters menu of the Campaign Settings.
2. Click Save and Continue to proceed to the Placement step.
1. Define how and where your campaign is displayed on your website. See details at the Show on these pages drop-down menu description.
For Embedded campaigns you can select the zone on your website which will be replaced by your personalized Web Channel message
The Zone selector is available for Embedded campaigns only.
1. In the Show in this zone section select the zone on your website for your personalized Web Channel message. You can also save the selected zone for future use.
- To select a predefined zone, click Select zone... and choose a zone from the drop-down list.
- To create a custom zone, on the Zones tab you can define which web page element you would like to replace on your website. For information on the Zones tab, see Zones tab.
- To set a zone manually, proceed as follows:
- Click Pick zone with your mouse, then select a zone in the preview window. The selected zone will be highlighted in blue. When you are ready, click OK.
- Click Save Zone As, specify the name of the zone, then click Save.
1. Choose a layout, edit the content according to your needs either with the Visual Editor, or HTML editor.
The Settings tab is available for Embedded and Ribbon type of Web Channel campaigns.
1. There are three options for placement and behavior on the Settings tab:
- Replace content of selected zone: It means the campaign will replace the selected element of your website.
- Insert content before selected zone: The campaign is shown on the left or above of the selected element depending on its design, without replacement.
- Insert content after selected zone: You can display the campaign on the right or below of the chosen element.
2. Fit content to original zone size - If its enabled, the zone will keep its original size, otherwise, the zone will have the size of your web campaign element, which will influence the look of your website.
Optionally, you can test your newly designed Web Channel campaign in a new tab or window. For more information on testing, see Testing a Web Channel campaign.
3. Click Save and Continue to proceed to the Trigger & Scheduling step.
Trigger & Scheduling
When setting up Embedded campaigns in some cases Placement step is omitted and you can find the content of the Placement step (Zone Selector) in the Trigger & Scheduling step.
1. Before activation you can set when and how often you want to display the Web Channel content. For details, see Trigger & Scheduling description.
2. Click Save then Activate and the campaign will become visible on the Campaigns tab as a ready campaign.
When a campaign’s status is Running or Active you cannot edit it anymore, otherwise it is editable.
You can see more information on Activating a campaign or Managing Web Channel campaigns.