This Acquisition and Conversion Tactic encourages your new customers to join the Loyalty program by highlighting it's advantages.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Grow Contact Database
- Drive First Purchase
- Increase Premium Customer Revenue
- Drive Second Purchase
- Drive Purchase Frequency
- Web Channel
- Email Channel
- A new customer registers
- The customer is checked against the Loyalty relational data segment
- Campaigns are sent to non-member customers promoting your loyalty program
- Newly joined members receive the default join reward
- Reminder campaigns are sent if applicable
- The reward for joining through the reminder campaigns is defined in the Join & Earn Loyalty action
Activating the Tactic
- Onboarded Loyalty program
- Join Loyalty Email Campaign and Join & Earn Loyalty reminder email campaign
- Join Loyalty Web Channel campaign
- Activate the action "Join & Earn Loyalty" at Add-ons > Actions. (The Join Loyalty default action is already active.)
- In the first Set value node of the program, make sure to select the following settings:
Field to hash (source):
This field has to contain the data for identifying users in your sales data. Set this field to the identifier found under Management > Smart Insight Settings > Contact Fields > Unique identifier.
For more information about the Set-value node, see Custom node - Set value (accessible only for signed-in users).
After creating Loyalty Wallet credentials, you are not allowed to change the contact identifier for Smart Insight, this can cause the Loyalty system to work incorrectly. If you need to change the identifier, please contact Emarsys Support or your Client Success Manager or your Implementation Consultant first.
- Create a "Join Loyalty" email and Web Channel campaign for your initial messages.
Insert the personalization tokens of the Join Loyalty action into your email and Web Channel campaigns.
- Swap the Web Channel campaign in the Tactic with your Web Channel campaign to send to the non-member customers.
- Make sure that the relevant relational segment is selected in the first Filter switch node to include all loyalty members.
- Swap the reminder email campaign in the Tactic with your reminder email campaign to send to the customers who are not yet members of the loyalty program.
- Insert the personalization tokens of your Join & Earn Loyalty action into your reminder email campaign.
- Use a Filter switch node and use the segment of contacts who are members of Loyalty to filter out those who still did not join after your reminder campaign.
- Remove those contacts who joined after receiving a Web Channel campaign with a Web channel - remove node. They will not receive the previous Web Channel campaign again.
- Finishing the program with Filter switch nodes and using the same relational data segment as before for filtering out Loyalty members enables you to check the effectiveness of your reminder campaigns. You will be able to count the new joiners and those who did not join even after the reminder.
- Activate the Tactic.
This program uses a Relational Data segment to identify contacts not yet in the Loyalty program.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this Join Loyalty Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under Loyalty.