This lifecycle Tactic displays a website pop-up campaign to remind your customers to look at complementary products to the ones they recently bought.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Increase Average Order Value
- Increase Active Customer Revenue
- Increase Premium Customer Revenue
- Drive Second Purchase
- Web channel
- Customer makes a purchase.
- Purchased products are from a strategically important category.
- Display website pop-up campaign with a complementary product category.
This Tactic uses Web channel only and the Interactions program looks like the following:
- The product category and complementary category need to be defined manually in the Decision node, see Steps.
- The URL in the Web channel campaign is a static category page and you have to add this category link manually.
Activating the Tactic
- Web Extend
- Web channel campaigns
- Personalization tokens
- The Viewed product page event is the pre-selected Web Extend event in the entry node of the program.
- Enter the product category and complementary category in the first Decision node:
- Select Event happened as type.
- Select Web Extend and Purchased as event.
- Set the array for the Purchased items to contain more than or exactly 1 item.
- In the item conditions, set your Strategically important category included in the product category.
- In the item conditions, set your Complementary category for cross-sell excluded from the product category.
- Create the Web channel campaigns.
- Add personalization tokens.
- Activate the Tactic.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this Post-purchase complementary cross-sell Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations: