This lifecycle Tactic displays an in-session website overlay campaign, offering distinct complementary products to your clients that optimize or improve the original product by adding new functionalities.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Increase Average Order Value
- Increase Active Customer Revenue
- Increase Premium Customer Revenue
- Increase Units Per Transaction
- Drive Purchase Frequency
- Web channel
- Cart update.
- Products in cart are from a strategically important category.
- Display a website pop-up campaign with the complementary product category.
This Tactic uses Web channel only and the Interactions program looks like the following:
- The product category and complementary category need to be defined manually in the Decision node, see Steps.
- The URL in the Web channel campaign is a static category page and you have to add this category link manually.
Activating the Tactic
- Web Extend
- Web channel campaigns
- Personalization tokens
- The Updated cart event is the pre-selected Web Extend event in the entry node of the program.
- Enter the product category and complementary category in the first Decision node:
- Select Trigger attributes as type.
- Select Cart content as attribute.
- Set the array to contain more than or exactly 1 item.
- In the item conditions, set your strategically important category included in the product category.
- In the item conditions, set your complementary category for cross-sell excluded from the product category.
- Create the Web channel campaigns.
- Add personalization tokens.
- Activate the Tactic.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this In-session complementary cross-sell Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations: