This article provides you with information for adding Open Time Content functionality to mobile campaigns.
Open Time Content is provided via the Emarsys partner Kickdynamic. If you are interested in learning more about Open Time Content, please enter your details to request a demonstration. Additional documentation on this feature can be found here.
Open Time Content delivers contextualised and personalised content to mobile campaigns, updated in real time. It is a third-party plug-in, and the user guides for creating widgets can be found on the Kickdynamic documentation:
1. Understanding the Open Time Content snippet
Before adding Open Time Content to a mobile push or inbox campaign, it is important to understand what are the links and what are they for. To start with, you may have been provided a code snippet similar to the one below:
<a href="https://img.kickdyn.com/clickimgdfweather.ashx?c=10603.IG5Gj8ETgWSAalbTEMa5"><img src="https://img.kickdyn.com/imgdfweather.png?c=10603.IG5Gj8ETgWSAalbTEMa5&cu=en-GB" border="0" /></a>
The first link in the href section in quotations
(https://img.kickdyn.com/clickimgdfweather.ashx?c=10603.IG5Gj8ETgWSAalbTEMa5) is the destination URL. The second part of the snippet, img src, stands for image source and is the image URL
It is possible to add personalisation to Open Time Content. To do so, add the ampersand symbol (&) to the end of the URL's, the field name, the equals symbol (=) and finally followed by the Emarsys Scripting Language syntax for the contact field. For example, if it was desired to add the first name of the contact to the Open Time Content campaign, the link would be updated as below (the addition to the URL is in bold to highlight the changes):
2. Adding Open Time Content to a Mobile campaign
It is important to note that the Android operating system does not support the file format of gif for push messages. Therefore, count down timers, which are provided as gifs won't work for Android push messages. You will be able to understand the file type of the media image by reviewing the image URL.
It is simple to add Open Time Content to a Push or Inbox campaign, and they both follow the same steps.
- Navigate to the campaign preview screen.
- Click on the image selector.
- Enter the image URL for the Open Time Content in the iOS image section and click Apply.
- Select the Tap Actions tab on the left navigation bar.
- It is possible to add the destination URL (i.e. click through URL) as a default action, so the user can click anywhere on the campaign, or to a button. Click either Add Default Action or Add Button, depending which is the desired outcome.
- In the Type drop down box, select External URL.
- In the URL section, copy and paste in the destination URL.