The Self-service SMS onboarding feature enables you to connect your SMS provider to Emarsys and start using the SMS channel.
Please note that only the approved and integrated SMS providers are supported by Emarsys. The list of such aggregators can be found in your SMS product, on the Emarsys and Emarsys Enhance websites. If you wish to add an aggregator not included, please contact support.
It is your responsibility to contract with one of these vendors, and fully scope your SMS requirements with the aggregator.
- Contract with your provider
- Provider's API credentials
- Inbound number(s) for each country and region (if such were provided by the aggregator)
To start using the SMS channel, first you need to go through the SMS setup.
To do that, proceed as follows:
- Contact your Client Success Manager to enable Self-service SMS onboarding on your account.
- Once enabled, go to Management > SMS Settings.
- Click Start Setup.
Optionally, you can see the list of available providers.
- Set your preferred currency.
Your SMS campaigns will be calculated in this currency.
- Set the provider, you already have a contract with, and fill in the required input fields.
- Input fields are dependent on the provider. If you select one, the input fields specific to that provider will appear.
- These API credentials can be found at your provider's admin site.
- Copy the Inbound URL and paste it to your provider's admin site for the API to work properly.
- Select your target Country or Region and fill in the following fields:
- Your dedicated number per country or region (you need to have separate inbound numbers for each country or region).
- Your customers will send messages to this number.
- You need to get your inbound number from your provider.
Fee per SMS:
- The cost of one SMS your agreed on with your provider.
- Add a fee if you would like to make cost calculations in your SMS campaign reports.
Test Message Number:
- You can send and confirm test messages to all destination countries or regions and make sure that all connections are working properly.
- Inbound Number:
Repeat this step for each target country or region.
- On the Summary page you can double-check all the countries or regions, SMS fees, inbound numbers and test message numbers. When ready, click Finalize SMS Channel Setup.
SMS Settings page
On the SMS Settings page you can see an overview of all important information regarding your SMS setup per country or region. This page displays the following information and functionality:
In the Provider Settings menu you can:
- Update the Service Plan ID
- Update the API Credentials.
- Select the Base URL from the drop-down.
- Copy the Inbound URL.