This article helps you connect your externally hosted database and assumes that you have already prepared your database to make it usable. More information on how to prepare your database is available in Preparing your hosted database for Relational Data.
For Emarsys to successfully access your database, it needs to be configured as follows:
- Grant the
SELECTprivilege to the user for the used schema.
Add the following IP addresses to the relevant allowlist:
Setting up the connection
The first step in using Relational Data is to set up the connection between your database and Emarsys.
- In the Emarsys platform, go to Add-ons > Relational Data > Connections.
- In the top right corner click Create New Connection.
3. Select Redshift.
4. Configure your connection as follows:
- Host: the host name of the database
- Port: the port to use for connecting to the database
- Database name: the name of the database
- User name: the login name of the user you want to use for this connection
- Password: the password of the user you want to use for this connection
- Connection parameters (optional): the database parameters you want to use, leave empty to use the default parameters.
- When all the necessary information has been added, click Test to verify that your connection works.
- Click Save to create your connector.
You are done and can now either: