Before you start, note the following requirements:
- Give the user
USAGEprivilege for the warehouse.
- Give the user
SELECTprivilege for every table and view in the schema you would like to use for segmentation and personalization.
Meeting these requirements ensures Emarsys' access to your database.
1. After clicking Create Snowflake connection, you can set up your connection in the next window.
You can create multiple connections.
2. Make sure to fill in all fields marked with an asterisk. Every field is case-sensitive.
Account name - is the name assigned to your account by Snowflake. In the hostname you received from Snowflake (after your account was provisioned), your account name is the entire string to the left of
- Warehouse name - the name of the virtual warehouse existing in Snowflake.
- Schema - the name of the schema you want us to use when we connect to snowflake. Make sure that the given user has access to the schema.
- Database name - the name of the database you want us to use when connecting.
- User name - is the login name for the Snowflake user we will use when connecting.
- Password - password for the Snowflake user we will use when connecting.
3. Test your connection, when you have added all necessary data.
4. Click Save to create your connector.
Note that, when personalization runs as part of a campaign, personalization will perform lookup queries on your Snowflake database.
Because of the way that Snowflake calculates costs, engaging in a lot of personalization using Relational Data and Snowflake can result in increased costs.