This article helps you connect your externally hosted database and assumes that you have already prepared your database to make it usable. More information on how to prepare your database is available on the Preparing your hosted database for Relational Data page.
For Emarsys to successfully access your database, it needs to be configured as follows:
- Grant the
SELECTprivilege to the user for the used schema.
- Add the following IP addresses to the relevant allowlist:
This Relational Data connector only connects to the HANA in-memory DB and will only show views created in HANA Studio as well as all existing tables.
This connector does not support virtual views such as CDS, meaning that the views available in S4 are not accessible via this connector.
Setting up the connection
The first step in using Relational Data is to set up the connection between your database and Emarsys.
- In the Emarsys platform, go to Add-ons > Relational Data > Connections.
- In the top right corner in Connections, click Create New Connection.
- Select SAP HANA On-Premise.
- Configure your connection as follows:
- Connection Name: the reference you want to give to your connection, can be the same as the database name
This cannot contain spaces and should use underscores instead.
- Host: the host name of the database
- Port: the port to use for connecting to the database
- Database name: the name of the database
- Schema (optional): the database schema you want to use, leave empty to use the default schema.
- User name: the login name of the HANA user you want to use for this connection
- Password: the password of the HANA user you want to use for this connection
- Connection parameters (optional): specify additional Java DataBase Connectivity (JDBC) (version 2.1) connection parameters you would like to use when establishing the connection, or leave it empty to use default parameters.
- CA Certificate: the root CA certificate you want to use. Use the links for further information on CA certificates and how to configure them for SAP HANA.
All fields are case-sensitive!
- When you finished adding all the necessary data, Test your connection.
- Click Save to create the connector you just set up.